HFBoards is the place to be

DekeyPete

Dec 18, 2002
pg bc
Been registered here since 2002, my hockey pools prove I still know f*** all.
Love this place and suggest it to every hockey fan I know.
Cheers to the humans( for now) who developed and run this site .

Reactions: Coffees

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
200 years from now, hockey fans will be reading our posts for a glimpse into the history of the sport.

Poor bastards...I'll apologize in advance

Too bad they won't find the greatest gems like the goatlender or Jokinen threads. And they'll forever be puzzled why Derian Hatcher had such soft skin and why did NHL player Derek Morris get haircut?

Last edited:

Coffees

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
The older I get, the less interested I become in social media, but this website is probably my favourite place on the internet. I love the old forum style. I mostly lurk, don't participate much, but enjoying reading the comments.

The lively game day threads, the shitposters arguing in the polls, the lopsided trade proposals, the chaos of trade deadline day (borking the servers), the prospects forum, and just the cross-section of different fanbases.

It's pretty rad.
I'd like to think I contribute to all these types of posts, I'm a complete 3-way HFboards poster

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I thought about If tomorrow HFBoards was all of a sudden extremely less active than it was now , like 500 total posts on the main board and team boards combined. It made me incredibly grateful for how vibrant and polarizing this community is, it really is the NHL of online hockey discussion

This place has free expression, countless progressive hockey talk, countless regressive hockey talk , and on game nights I truly can’t think of a better enhancement to the NHL than HFBoards excluding watching it with loved ones.

And it goes on every single day of the year, HFBoards is the place to be!! And if you’re a part of it, you’re a chosen one :D
I either respectfully disagree or disrespectfully agree

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I miss being able to enjoy this site as much as I used to more than my team. It's lame.

I'd actually get rid of these if I could but it's too popular a feature. The worst thing about likes is it actually discourages posting. Yeah it rids of you some posts that just say "agree" or whatever, but you lose a lot of posts who might start by just typing "agree" and then keep going after they think about it a sec.

I've tried, certain peoples aren't listening. It's really bad for the site overall.

HF's absolute peak in traffic was around 2014 IIRC. The article site certainly didn't hurt but I think it didn't drive as much traffic here as you'd think, there were A LOt of people who never knew the site or the boards existed depending on which one they started at. What it did do IMO was drive a different type of user here and that is lacking nowadays.

Social Media monetization made this inevitable. People who are truly good at this can't build their brand posting it anonymously on a board.

At one point I was told they experimented with at least having NHL Talk truly live and from what I can tell it didn't work out.

This is the way.

I think it would be cool to get an HFboards graphic on the Leafs helmets

Forget Oreo, having HFboards on Matthews helmet would be so funny (and effective!)

I don’t know how much that would cost, but I bet we could fund it together

Edgelord

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I think it would be cool to get an HFboards graphic on the Leafs helmets

Forget Oreo, having HFboards on Matthews helmet would be so funny (and effective!)

I don’t know how much that would cost, but I bet we could fund it together
Yup, have the HF logo with HF cliche's 1 says HF boards, Lets be reality, or this is outhouse, burning down villages, a waffle etc.
The avg person is going to be like WTF? and when they go look up why there is a waffle under the HF logo they get exposed to the best of HF, hell there is enough HF cliche's that it could be specific to the team they're playing.
OMG just think of the pure joy on here watching SN, TSN etc explaining Olli and the Turkey girl on national TV HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Haha
Reactions: Strangle

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Been registered here since 2002, my hockey pools prove I still know f*** all.
Love this place and suggest it to every hockey fan I know.
Cheers to the humans( for now) who developed and run this site .

f61f9c31-db8d-4053-90d9-6b0dc1ddcff4_text.gif

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I'd actually get rid of these if I could but it's too popular a feature. The worst thing about likes is it actually discourages posting. Yeah it rids of you some posts that just say "agree" or whatever, but you lose a lot of posts who might start by just typing "agree" and then keep going after they think about it a sec.
You talk about losing posts due to the like system, and yet you delete mine? I think I was being respectfully critical of the upvote system on this board. By deleting my post and censoring any dissenting opinion, you are creating the echochamber I was referring to in my original (now deleted) post.

You guys can claim to be different from other forums, but there is barely any original thought here. Just like every other public forum.

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
You talk about losing posts due to the like system, and yet you delete mine? I think I was being respectfully critical of the upvote system on this board. By deleting my post and censoring any dissenting opinion, you are creating the echochamber I was referring to in my original (now deleted) post.

You guys can claim to be different from other forums, but there is barely any original thought here. Just like every other public forum.

Your opinion (the one that was deleted) was that all posters should leave the site en masse. You also called this place a circlejerk. If that's the kind of free speech and dissent you're hoping for, maybe reddit is more your style.

If that's your opinion on the site, the door's thataway, mister. No need to announce it.

Last edited:

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Your opinion (the one that was deleted) was that all posters should leave the site en masse. You also called this place a circlejerk. If that's the kind of free speech and dissent you're hoping for, maybe reddit is more your style.

If that's your opinion on the site, the door's thataway, mister. No need to announce it.
I did not at all say that. I said people should spend less time on this site and online in general. You’re twisting my words. And yes, this place is a circle jerk, and so is reddit.

It’s quite funny that you’re trying to ostracize me for having a negative opinion of one aspect of this forum. That is problematic, in and of itself.

All I did was criticize the upvote system. You guys have basically created another reddit, but hockey related and with permanent threads.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
I’m not getting involved in all that but I think HF should expand their reaction emojis.

Add a downvote button. People are using the laugh emoji in its place.

Also add another heart emoji that doesn’t have such a ridiculous smile. When someone posts anything upsetting where it’s worthy of a heart, I don’t want to come across as smiling too.

• Love
Reactions: Faterson

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
I think you just like to avoid any conversation or argument that doesn’t fit your narrative. That’s twice now that you respond to me in a condescending tone.

You delete my post and then you distort my views. Good job.

I didn't delete your post.

As for the condescending tone, you should see my reviews on Yelp.

1729094175478.png

"He was so mean to me when I told the site's user base that they were all circle jerking and that they should go away more often."

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad