GDT: HFBoards GDT | 2/6/21 - Almost more games postponed than being played.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
They will start to get better. They just needed some confidence (the win was big). Habs gave that to them. I don't expect OTT to get run over any time soon.

For sure. The Senators were basically a brand new team going into this season, and the coaching staff insisted on playing struggling vets ahead of the talented youngsters. Now that the young guns are being allowed to play, the team has lots more skill.

There will be ups and downs for sure, but I think they'll be a bit better than the first 10 games of the season has indicated.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
They’ve had moments where they have played very well even during the nine game losing streak but when they got a bad bounce or a deflating goal, they weren’t able to turn the game around and it snowballed. These last two games they have gotten saves they weren’t getting. They are better than they showed in the Van and Edm series.
This makes sense. So much of hockey is mental, and a young team like Ottawa is more prone to mental lapses than most. Once they figure out how to regain focus, the talent will start emerging consistently. You can see the potential.

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
Canucks blown out Ottawa, Montreal blown out Vancouver. Montreal loses and barely beat Ottawa. :skeptic:

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Are the Habs really supposed to be "the best team in the division"?

I'm not seeing it at all right now.
Of course you aren't.

Half of their games have been against the Canucks who don't even look like they care to be out on the ice this season.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Nice move by Keller, even more impressive how he's able to keep his mouthguard out in that speed while dekeing lmao

Keller has misunderstood the point with the mouthguard. Whenever I see him, he is chewing on a corner of it, with most of it hanging out like a cigarette. Isn't mouthguards optional, btw?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That interference call against STL in the final two minutes of the game was simply bizarre. Some of the calls before that were soft, but that one, at that time...oof.

Reactions: dukeofjive

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ive watched a lot of hockey since the season has started, they have been so brutal in most of them, weird phantom calls when 1 team is ahead, or phantom calls to change the momentum of the game.

It's weird - it's almost as if they're afraid to not call anything.

Eventually someone is going to get high-sticked or hooked on a scoring chance.

No point calling silly interference or boarding on regular hits, that kind of thing.

Reactions: dukeofjive

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
It's weird - it's almost as if they're afraid to not call anything.

Eventually someone is going to get high-sticked or hooked on a scoring chance.

No point calling silly interference or boarding on regular hits, that kind of thing.

I get that there was no pre season games for the refs to get back in it, but damn, i think the worst i saw was the toronto 7-3 win againts vancouver, in the 3rd they where just randomly calling penalties for both teams. I hope they fix there s.hit or its going to be a long year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad