GDT: HFBoards GDT | 12/11/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Getting tired of coaches challenges. NHL wants more scoring yet has challenges.

Makes total sense.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Upon further review I think his skate might have been off the ice. I'm not a big fan of those challenges. They only exist because a goal that was 3 feet offside was allowed a few years ago.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Getting tired of coaches challenges. NHL wants more scoring yet has challenges.

Makes total sense.

I think we're going to see the offside challenge go away or be massively retooled. Offside should have to have a direct impact on the play and have occurred within two or three seconds to cost a team a goal.

Vacheron

Dec 11, 2016
I think we're going to see the offside challenge go away or be massively retooled. Offside should have to have a direct impact on the play and have occurred within two or three seconds to cost a team a goal.

That's one of the worst rules in any professional sport. I agree with your assessment 100%

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I think the offside challenge is fine.

Offside should be massively retooled.

I've suggested this a few times but they just need to change the offside rule so that its easier to stay onside.

First, include the space above the blueline. That one seems like a given.

Second, double the width of the blueline and make it so that a play is onside if a player is still in contact with the any part of the blueline before the puck full crosses into the zone.

Makes it easier to score off the rush/stretch plays like we saw tonight. Makes it harder for teams to clear the puck on the PP/when under pressure.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

I hope they take it out altogether. Reviews are ruining professional sports.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I think the offside challenge is fine.

Offside should be massively retooled.

I've suggested this a few times but they just need to change the offside rule so that its easier to stay onside.

First, include the space above the blueline. That one seems like a given.

Second, double the width of the blueline and make it so that a play is onside if a player is still in contact with the any part of the blueline before the puck full crosses into the zone.

Makes it easier to score off the rush/stretch plays like we saw tonight. Makes it harder for teams to clear the puck on the PP/when under pressure.

And make the plane of the line onside, NFL style.

I dunno, the way they do it right now is ticky tacky and ridiculous. The intent of the rule is no cherry picking with one guy sitting next to the goallie. Right now mosty times it is "oh, he was 1/4 inch ahead of the play. NO GOAL!"

It does nothing but ruin the flow of games.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Laine the sniper. Knew he'd get one tonight.

Hellebuyck is a rebound machine, btw. Everything at his pads has been kicked into the slot tonight.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I think Laine is a little too used to scoring than defending....

Good on Wheeler to try and pick him up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad