GDT: HFBoards GDT: 11/15/2023 | 4 Games today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Why is Yamamoto on the Kraken PP? Surely they have someone with some finish.

Reactions: Duke74

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
c540ba877f706db10ae0aef672b18fb1.gif

Reactions: Ugene Magic

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
So, where do they go next? McDavid’s peewee coach?
If the rumor is true that Holland had nothing to do with this hiring, this is going to be a long couple of years for Oilers fans. Cause it seems pretty clear that Jackson is out of his depth and the ownership/old boys club have no one else left in the Rolodex.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
So Daccord has 27 career games played, and this is his 5th against Edmonton. Weird.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
If the rumor is true that Holland had nothing to do with this hiring, this is going to be a long couple of years for Oilers fans. Cause it seems pretty clear that Jackson is out of his depth and the ownership/old boys club have no one else left in the Rolodex.

No one left? What about Messier? Hell, they had Gretzky literally head with Katz to Seattle pre-expansion to blackmail Edmonton into building a new arena - why not give him another coaching gig? Fuhr could replace Schwartz too, and isn't Buchberger still kickin' around too? Nobody said it had to stop at the eighties.

Maybe his dad has coached

His mom could be GM too.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
No one left? What about Messier? Hell, they had Gretzky literally head with Katz to Seattle pre-expansion to blackmail Edmonton into building a new arena - why not give him another coaching gig? Fuhr could replace Schwartz too, and isn't Buchberger still kickin' around too? Nobody said it had to stop at the eighties.

His mom could be GM too.
LOL...Gretzky still has PTSD from the last time he coached. And I can see all of the other guys being like, "Oh hell no." I wouldn't be shocked if Messier has been asked several times and has turned it down every time.

AmabileCassarole

Nov 4, 2023
LOL...Gretzky still has PTSD from the last time he coached. And I can see all of the other guys being like, "Oh hell no." I wouldn't be shocked if Messier has been asked several times and has turned it down every time.

Well, there's always Keith Gretzky. Holland's son, too. Can't think of anyone else, honestly. Most anyone with some degree of knowhow will likely not want to work unless they can get complete independence from ownership, and I don't see Katz offering that considering those responsible for the DoD and beyond are still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad