GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/4/2024 | Global Series: Buffalo Vs New Jersey | 1PM EST

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
any team with success will get pressed against the salary cap and will have to move some good players out and replace them with cheaper options. so far the devils don't have that type of success, that all their players will have great arguments to ask for some extra cap percentage and players on elc are the last thing you move out. the devils won't have any urgency to move casey before the summer 27.

i wouldn't call casey untouchable like hischier, hughes, hughes and nemec. but considering he looks like a nhl player in the first year of his elc the devils would probably ask for more than most teams are willing to pay.

I'm not moving either but I'd be more willing to move Nemec than Casey. I don't think the talent gap between them is much at all. The trade value gap however is likely pretty large.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Maybe this is the year the Sabres come out of the gate slow but pick up the pace down the stretch and get into the playoffs?

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Somehow tuch didn’t get an instigator for initiating a fight. So you’re griping over a minute
Our comments are in response to the Dillon hit being "payback" for clifton's hit. It has nothing to do with in-game penalty minutes. Clifton got a match penalty and was suspended. Dillon got essentially no punishment.

You are mad there was no instigator on Tuch? Don't care, that's a separate issue that has nothing to do with whether or not Dillon faced proper punishment for his hit. He didn't. He hit late and moved upwards through the head on a player that had nowhere to go because he was pinned in by two jersey players on either side. It was dirty and he was not punished appropriately for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad