GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/4/2024 | Global Series: Buffalo Vs New Jersey | 1PM EST

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I watched both games in their entirety and I did not know Peyton Krebs was playing today until the 3rd period when Buffalo got their 12th shot.

Prior to that, and after that I didn't hear his name.

Well he didn’t play the 1st game but yeah he’s really not anything

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So I wonder when Buffalo and NJ are going to leave Prague.

Do they still around for a couple days and do some sight seeing because they do have a few days.

At the same time though they are going to need to get readjusted to North American time and you have to think that's going to take some time.

I suspect they stay a couple days

Waterbuf

Sep 21, 2018
Vancouver
I watched both games in their entirety and I did not know Peyton Krebs was playing today until the 3rd period when Buffalo got their 12th shot.

Prior to that, and after that I didn't hear his name.
Felt this way yesterday with a lot of Sabres. I was excited to see Quinn, Peterka, and other young guys, literally never noticed them on the ice for the entire game. Missed today's game.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
So I wonder when Buffalo and NJ are going to leave Prague.

Do they still around for a couple days and do some sight seeing because they do have a few days.

At the same time though they are going to need to get readjusted to North American time and you have to think that's going to take some time.

I suspect they stay a couple days
Screenshot_20241005_163153_Flightradar24.jpg

Nope, Sabres are already airborne

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Still pissed about the late hit to Peterka’s head that got downgraded to a minor penalty. Not that our PP would’ve done anything but feels like a really shitty trade to get 2 minutes for concussing one of our better forwards when he didn’t even have the puck.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The Sabre goalies faced a lot of high danger chances. Guys like Dahlin and Byram were playing like they were wingers. There was more of a commitment to try and score goals than playing sound defensively.

🤣 No... Byram may have been free wheeling ... not Dahlin. People aren't happy Dahlin has been playing so passively in these first 2 games.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Why is Nemec third pair?

3rd pair should have always been the expectation for him this year. He wasn't going to play over Dougie / Pesce.

He may have gotten some run on the second pair while Pesce was out, but he had a bit of a rough camp and Kovacevic has held the fort well.

In theory (Not remotely likely to happen, but possible), we could see Nemec (and Casey) back in the AHL at some point this year. They are waiver exempt and when healthy, the devils will feature Siegenthaler, Hughes, Dillon on the left and Pesce, Dougie and Kovacevic on the right.

Reactions: Czechboy

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why is Nemec third pair?

Because NJ has a VERY deep blueline.

Still pissed about the late hit to Peterka’s head that got downgraded to a minor penalty. Not that our PP would’ve done anything but feels like a really shitty trade to get 2 minutes for concussing one of our better forwards when he didn’t even have the puck.

That's all it was worth.

It's unfortunate that he got hurt but that doesn't make it a dirty hit.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
3rd pair should have always been the expectation for him this year. He wasn't going to play over Dougie / Pesce.

He may have gotten some run on the second pair while Pesce was out, but he had a bit of a rough camp and Kovacevic has held the fort well.

In theory (Not remotely likely to happen, but possible), we could see Nemec (and Casey) back in the AHL at some point this year. They are waiver exempt and when healthy, the devils will feature Siegenthaler, Hughes, Dillon on the left and Pesce, Dougie and Kovacevic on the right.
Thanks... if Nemec is a 6/7 that is a great blueline. Hope it works out for the Devils. They looked very dominant first 2 games of the season!

Reactions: Forge

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
🤣 No... Byram may have been free wheeling ... not Dahlin. People aren't happy Dahlin has been playing so passively in these first 2 games.
Dahlin was up the ice the whole game. Imo he’s trying too hard to get points. Power was, by far, their best D man. He actually played on the right side of the puck.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I wonder if Canucks can trade for him since Devils have lots of depth on D:
Sigenthaler, Hughes, Pesce, Hamilton, Dillon, Casey, Nemec etc.

Last time Buffalo was any good i remember Miller was in net.

I’d be shocked if he’s moved. He’s still only 20. Dougie should really only have 2 years max left here because it’ll be hard to justify spending 8+ mil on 3 different offensive Dmen between him, Luke, and Nemec at that point. With how Casey looks he could maybe move that timeline up and Dougie could maybe be moved next summer and you use his space up front.

The oldest of the Luke/Nemec/Casey trio is Luke who just turned 21 3 weeks ago. The goal should be those 3 and Silayev as the top 4 in a few years and rolling that out for 5-10 years as the best top 4 in the league.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Dahlin was up the ice the whole game. Imo he’s trying too hard to get points. Power was, by far, their best D man. He actually played on the right side of the puck.

Just say you didn't watch the game.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Don’t like to see anyone get hurt but consider it payback for Connor Clifton on Hischier last year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad