GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/4/2024 | Global Series: Buffalo Vs New Jersey | 1PM EST

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Yikes, I'm surprised by the Sabres. The Devils are a good squad but the Sabres are supposed to be as well, and this 2-game series was dreadful for Buffalo. Soft goaltending, no continuity, leadership, or offensive prowess. It's not a good look for Ruff either. Then again, why did they rehash him and bring him back anyway? As a huge Dahlin fan, I want to love the Sabres but there is always something "off" about them. Hard to explain.

Soft goaltending??? Levi was great today and UPL was solid yesterday too. Levi's the only reason this wasn't a complete and utter blowout.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Yikes, I'm surprised by the Sabres. The Devils are a good squad but the Sabres are supposed to be as well, and this 2-game series was dreadful for Buffalo. Soft goaltending, no continuity, leadership, or offensive prowess. It's not a good look for Ruff either. Then again, why did they rehash him and bring him back anyway? As a huge Dahlin fan, I want to love the Sabres but there is always something "off" about them. Hard to explain.
Soft goaltending isnt something i saw in the games....

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Huh? I guess you just didn't watch the games?

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Soft goaltending??? Levi was great today and UPL was solid yesterday too. Levi's the only reason this wasn't a complete and utter blowout.
If their goaltending were atrocious, they would have lost 7-1 and 8-1 instead of 4-1 and 3-1. 7 goals given up in 2 important games is not "great" by any stretch. The Devils are a good team but Levi and UPL weren't facing the 87 Gretzky-led Oilers and still gave up more than 3 goals a game. That said, the lack of intensity and invisible offense was more of the problem. But the goaltending certainly wasn't great, lol.

Huh? I guess you just didn't watch the games?
I said "soft", not "horrific." ;)

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
If their goaltending were atrocious, they would have lost 7-1 and 8-1 instead of 4-1 and 3-1. 7 goals given up in 2 important games is not "great" by any stretch. The Devils are a good team but Levi and UPL weren't facing the 87 Gretzky-led Oilers and still gave up more than 3 goals a game. That said, the lack of intensity and invisible offense was more of the problem. But the goaltending certainly wasn't great, lol.

Both of them gave up 3. UPL was perfectly fine yesterday. This game was literally all Devils from start to finish. It would've been much more lopsided if Levi was "soft"

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Could a Sabres/Bills fan clarify this but from what I understand the Pegulas are hands-off with the Bills but hands-on with the Sabres. Is this true?

Bills are doing well but the Sabres should not be underperforming this badly.

Reactions: AfroThunder396

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Both of them gave up 3. UPL was perfectly fine yesterday. This game was literally all Devils from start to finish. It would've been much more lopsided if Levi was "soft"
We'll agree to disagree then. Goalies can't give up 3 goals per game in two games straight and then claim to be doing a great job. Impossible. The goaltending was soft, not horrible. And certainly not great. The lack of offense and coaching was horrible though.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
We'll agree to disagree then. Goalies can't give up 3 goals per game in two games straight and then claim to be doing a great job. Impossible. The goaltending was soft, not horrible. And certainly not great. The lack of offense and coaching was horrible though.
Levi stood on his head today. There's a reason he was given the third star.

Watch the games.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
The shots were like 32-12 at one point and the score was tied. Levi kept them in the game way longer than they had business being.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Gotta feel for Peterka. Great young player. I think the head contact falls under what the NHL now describes as "OK head contact" (Trouba hits) but given they called it interference and it caused an injury, I'd be kind of miffed the 5 didn't hold up.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Only 80 more games until the suffering is over.

We had a lead for 3 1/2 minutes, raise a banner :towel:

Getting ratioed 2:1 in shots is never a formula to win games. Defense sucks donkey, can't blame Levi

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Fatass

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

The Sabre goalies faced a lot of high danger chances. Guys like Dahlin and Byram were playing like they were wingers. There was more of a commitment to try and score goals than playing sound defensively.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The Sabre goalies faced a lot of high danger chances. Guys like Dahlin and Byram were playing like they were wingers. There was more of a commitment to try and score goals than playing sound defensively.

Sounds familiar

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Sounds familiar
If the top minute big dollar guys buying and play the right way the whole group will follow. The Devils look like they’ve all bought in to what Keefe wants. They’re going to have a big year.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

NHL teams trolling each other online again?

jack-nicholson-yes.gif

Reactions: Hisch13r

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I watched both games in their entirety and I did not know Peyton Krebs was playing today until the 3rd period when Buffalo got their 12th shot.

Prior to that, and after that I didn't hear his name.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad