GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/4/2024 | Global Series: Buffalo Vs New Jersey | 1PM EST

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
No one goes after Meier after he runs over Levi? No one even said anything to him, they just started skating to the bench

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Man Buffalo still looks pretty bad. Will likely be another long season for them...

I think they have a pretty talented roster but this always should've been expected with Lindy at the helm. The Devils similarly had a young talented roster but the only time they found success under Lindy was when Brunette was there too

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I think they have a pretty talented roster but this always should've been expected with Lindy at the helm. The Devils similarly had a young talented roster but the only time they found success under Lindy was when Brunette was there too
I don’t think their roster is particularly talented

Reactions: RANDOMH3RO

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Except when all the stat guys gushed over how they were their darlings the year before Brunette was there but they couldn't get a save? This is one of those weird Devil narratives that just doesn't fit.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Except when all the stat guys gushed over how they were their darlings the year before Brunette was there but they couldn't get a save? This is one of those weird Devil narratives that just doesn't fit.

Except that's not what actually happened. 21-22 the Devils were a pretty average team metrics wise that was completely sunk by dog shit goaltending. They were not darlings. The 22-23 team took a massive step forward to being an elite team metrics wise and dominated.

Reactions: dgibb10 and Forge

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Came to say this.

Hiring Lindy was a massive error and I believe he may resign at some point this season as they looked looked bereft of urgency which I feel will continue this season.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Yikes, I'm surprised by the Sabres. The Devils are a good squad but the Sabres are supposed to be as well, and this 2-game series was dreadful for Buffalo. Soft goaltending, no continuity, leadership, or offensive prowess. It's not a good look for Ruff either. Then again, why did they rehash him and bring him back anyway? As a huge Dahlin fan, I want to love the Sabres but there is always something "off" about them. Hard to explain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad