GDT: HFBoards GDT | 10/30/15

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I don't know if the Rangers are just not that great this year but if the NHL looks like what the Rangers look like this season this league is in dire straits. It's hard to watch most of these games.

I'm sure the Rangers are a good team, and I know that this isn't really relevant when talking about Toronto, but a lot of teams really loaded up this offseason (esp. in the Metro, but I'm sure you're aware).

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm sure the Rangers are a good team, and I know that this isn't really relevant when talking about Toronto, but a lot of teams really loaded up this offseason (esp. in the Metro, but I'm sure you're aware).

Except that's really not the point. The Rangers aren't even playing poorly, it's just boring hockey. We haven't played the Pens or Caps yet so I don't think it's relevant. Games against Phoenix, the Flames, and Leafs have been tough to watch. Maybe it's bad teams just playing that type of style. But that's worrisome for the league is it not?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Gotta be tough being a leaf fan. Year after year just pure garbage.

And boy do they ever look awful again this year.

Add matthews, and this team all of a sudden has a true #1 center. They 100% need him, getting second fiddle is going to be a disaster.

While their are some ELITE talets this draft, the fact he is a #1 center is the position they need more than anything.

Second best option is a defender, but even then, they need at least 2 top end D to get out of this mess.

If they got say Hanifin + Chychrun, that would have been a incredible 1/2 punch on the top end, followed by Rielly (would could also be considered a top 2 guy) and Dion. Very solid Top 4.

Getting a guy like Puljujärvi or Tkachuck won't do much for Toronto. They 100% need matthews, and worst case Chychrun to significantly help fix that mess.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Yeah the Leafs are getting some good chances but no skill to actually get the puck in the net. Obviously the goal for the season is another top pick but it has to be pretty frustrating for Leafs fans to watch all the missed opportunities.

I'm sure for some it is. I personally was disgusted with what the team was and the culture that surrounded it. So I look for the little things that are improving this season and combined with coming change in team identity and I'm ok with it. It will take many years to complete the metamorphosis but its still much better than the endless mediocrity it will replace.

I want a team that is a legit cup contender, however long it takes.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Ah yes, the "Detroit embellishes" post.

Just waiting for that "subtle interference" comment we typically get.

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
Frankly, this league needs more scoring, time for some drastic measures (goalie's equipment...)

I can accept low scoring games if it were the playoffs

of course drastic measures to the nhl means shaving 1 inch here, 1/2 inch there.

The NHL needs meaningful changes.

But they won't do anything, heck their adding 2 more teams to thin the league out some more. Of course, there's people out there that will say there's more than enough talent to go around but the leafs are a perfect example of there not being enough talent. They don't have the guys to bury chances.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Aww kind of disappointed that the goal didn't stand. I don't know how else the Leafs are going to get one.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't mind it if it's not a goal because I am totally in tank mode but if this is how it's going to be called...there is going to be a big controversy in the playoffs.

JukofYork

Mar 22, 2014
yup after the second review. Great call to the refs on that one.

They got it right

ffenliv

Jan 2, 2009
I don't mind it if it's not a goal because I am totally in tank mode but if this is how it's going to be called...there is going to be a big controversy in the playoffs.

There's going to be controversy in the playoffs with or without review.

My problem with it, is that it seems to largely be removing goals from the game, and for the tiniest of interference. Of course, I have no stats handy on the number of goals 'lost' due to review.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
This is another example of a guy willingly skating into the blue paint and the goal being waved off. The players really need to look at these examples and realize that these goals are no longer going to stand. The amount of contact doesn't matter. Stay out of the blue paint. Sure Lupul couldn't leave the blue paint after he went in but Staal doesn't have to let him.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Except that's really not the point. The Rangers aren't even playing poorly, it's just boring hockey. We haven't played the Pens or Caps yet so I don't think it's relevant. Games against Phoenix, the Flames, and Leafs have been tough to watch. Maybe it's bad teams just playing that type of style. But that's worrisome for the league is it not?

OK, just saying they're all a year older and not much of a different roster except shedding some dead weight in guys like Glass. I have to say I watched a game between a couple Canadian teams (I think it was Ottawa Montreal) and both teams looked like they were playing awful and boring hockey. I haven't watched the Rangers, so I guess I wouldn't know if it's some kind of pandemic that includes them.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Speaking of Deslauriers. He scores after jumping out of the box. 3-0 Sabres.

By the way, that goal song is sweet.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
O'Reilly has 13 points in (under) 11 games.

Contract doesn't kick in until next season..but he is doing a lot to justify the number early

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That's a pretty awful interference call, but whatever.

That was called because of Lundqvist. If that was scored on Bernier, no way that is interference because he wouldn't have the leverage of a star to complain.

Just hoping the Rangers hang on lol :laugh:. I don't want the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad