GDT: HFBoards GDT 10/25/2024 | 8 games of joy and 1 we'll all hate for some reason

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
I've been harsh on the Devils start this year but sure as if Detroit hasn't been stockpiling talent only to get body bagged nightly around the ice and hoping goaltending saves them like they have Buffalo Hasek in net.

Their good season was choking a WC berth that they had clinched in February lmao. At least the 22-23 Devils were an elite team.
The wings have improved every year since Yzerman took over but still suck, yes. The devils had a good year in 22-23 and then shit the bed immediately after. Not sure yall in the position to be talking shjt

Also all of the devils top picks apart from 2024 are in the NHL whereas all of Danielson/ASP/Cossa are still coming for Detroit

Reactions: PaulD

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
If he doesn't get hurt (long shot) this MF'er can go for the Art Ross.

I’d love to see it to happen. Leading ten percent of the way into the season is already pretty awesome to witness and completely unexpected.

The overall scoring race might end up being better than last year’s masterpiece.

Reactions: Waterbuf

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
It seems like every year the spotlight shines so hard on Toronto's top 4 that no one talks about how questionable the defense and goaltending are...

The insistence that a former #1D that finally re-found usefulness as a #5D is the man to be their…#1D is quite a thing to behold

Reactions: BlueMed

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Well two and a half decades of good seasons will do that to you

Not denying we suck btw so not sure the point you’re making
One of the most hilariously stupid NHLOL things ever was changing the Draft Lottery to punish bad teams as a reaction to drooling 50 IQ sports talk radio morons crying about TANKING and the team they ended up completely f***ing over the worst was the one who bottomed out after squeezing every last ounce out of guys when they should've gone into rebuild mode.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Talbot was and is mediocre. Devils messed up a lot of scoring chances.
When you don't score a single five on five it is hard to call it domination. The Devils spent tracks of that game content to play on the perimeter. I don't think Detroit was particularly good tonight, but the Devils didn't do a whole lot to impress. When they had PPs they were absolutely terrifying, being goalied usually has a bunch of spectacular stops. For the most part Talbot was just in the right position, he wasn't committing robbery with a glove or making crazy sliding saves.

Last edited:

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
When you don't score a single five on five call it is hard to call it domination. The Devils spent tracks of that game content to play on the perimeter. I don't think Detroit was particularly good tonight, but the Devils didn't do a whole lot to impress. When they had PPs they were absolutely terrifying, being goalied usually has a bunch of spectacular stops. For the most part Talbot was just in the right position, he wasn't committing robbery with a glove or making crazy sliding saves.
Don't argue garbage with El Jefe. He doesn't logic.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Lmfao Detroit is beyond garbage, you're not getting goaltending like that over the course of a season.

They won't goalie good offensive teams. They'll eat soft parameter teams up like your Devils all day... and twice on Sunday. Don't be mad at the DRWs because your team is soft and sucks defensively.

Hope Hughes ego isn't terribly bruised. LOL!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
They won't goalie good offensive teams. They'll eat soft parameter teams up like your Devils all day... and twice on Sunday. Don't be mad at the DRWs because your team is soft and sucks defensively.

Hope Hughes ego isn't terribly bruised. LOL!!!!!!

You don't even see the irony of posting this which makes it even funnier LMAO

Also lol at "soft parameter"

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Hughes vs Rasmussen was the stupidest f***ing thing I've seen in a while.

He bounces off Rasmussen, falls on his ass, and is then somehow angry and starts yelling at Rasmussen? Just embarrasing all around from Hughes.

Reactions: RedHawkDown

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Hughes vs Rasmussen was the stupidest f***ing thing I've seen in a while.

He bounces off Rasmussen, falls on his ass, and is then somehow angry and starts yelling at Rasmussen? Just embarrasing all around from Hughes.

I don't think Jack said anything until Rasmussen starting barking over him which I mean, no shit he was going to body Hughes on a power move? :laugh::laugh:

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I don't think Jack said anything until Rasmussen starting barking over him which I mean, no shit he was going to body Hughes on a power move? :laugh::laugh:
Doesn't look like Rasmussen said anything other than "wooooo" to celebrate the goal and knocking Hughes on his ass.

Heat of the moment, sure, but Hughes was already humiliated so maybe should have just skated away

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
both teams watching any given wings game:

Attachments

• IMG_0513.gif
    IMG_0513.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: the valiant effort

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad