GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/22/2024 | Of all the games today, I have all of them.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
And this 3-1 1st period lead where they're getting outshot against the lottery hawks proves they're back and better than ever?
just not following the logic
You only look at shots to determine who is playing better? Pretty dumb way to analyze a game. Canucks had 8 shots but 8 golden chances to score. Hawks shots were mostly from blueline or dump ins. If anything, Canucks could be up by 4 goals.

Also that lottery team beat cup favorite Oilers 5-2

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
You only look at shots to determine who is playing better? Pretty dumb way to analyze a game. Canucks had 8 shots but 8 golden chances to score. Hawks shots were mostly from blueline or dump ins. If anything, Canucks could be up by 4 goals.
Last season, the Nucks started doing just that.

Remember when people thought the Lightning got killed in that trade?
I confuse it with that grinder they got from Nashville. Always thought Hegel was good in Chicago.

Reactions: Three On Zero

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Last season, the Nucks started doing just that.
So it seems their strategy works?? Making plays and shooting when its a high percentage play versus shooting from the center or dumping the puck on the goalie to get the shot count up. I think offensive zone time is a much better indicator than shots.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Seth Jones looks miles better than Nurse, not sure why people compare the two
I have a theory, but I don't want to ruin a game day thread.

So it seems their strategy works?? Making plays and shooting when its a high percentage play versus shooting from the center or dumping the puck on the goalie to get the shot count up. I think offensive zone time is a much better indicator than shots.
Nobody said scoring on chances doesn't work.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
Without demko, having a third string goalie, and our highest and best point producer in the playoffs in boeser*

You missed the fine print
Isn’t that 3rd string goalie essentially the 1st string goalie now though?

If demko can’t stay in the lineup I don’t think it’s fair to claim that it’s some extraordinary circumstance that they faced each other when he was injured

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I have a theory, but I don't want to ruin a game day thread.

Nobody said scoring on chances doesn't work.
I mean that teams that might shoot a lot dont necessarily mean they had a great game. Expected goals and offensive zone time shows which team tilted the ice more than shots as some teams usually dont elect to shoot the puck unless they have a good chance for a goal. Canucks have less shots than Hawks but they have a much higher expected goals for. Could have easily been 6-2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad