GDT: HFBoards GDT 10/21/2024 | Only 1 Game | Tampa @ Toronto

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Why not? Core in their primes, massively improved backend. Playing playoff style hockey under a coach who knows how to win
The core is the problem lol. Everyone in the NHL knows it. The core doesn't play playoff type hockey. They are soft and whinny.
Should have traded marner when they had the chance imo.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Why not? Core in their primes, massively improved backend. Playing playoff style hockey under a coach who knows how to win
Backend looks improved but added guys with a lot of miles. Still no number one D. Questions in net. And we don’t know if depth scoring has been solved.

I like what I see too. But I won’t slap contender on them until we see something different in the playoffs. Not to be pessimistic but we’ve had this same thought process season over season.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
The core is the problem lol. Everyone in the NHL knows it. The core doesn't play playoff type hockey. They are soft and whinny.

And neither did Ovi until he did. That core also eliminated your guys in a playoff series

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Ovi didn't win for a long time, but no one ever called him soft.

Word has lost meaning. Soft means they lose to most people. They haven't been soft in a number of years. Maybe Marner.

Anyways, Matthews out on the PK and also defending the empty net being elite defensively.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Eh, winning is hard. I’m as critical of the Leafs as any fan, but I’m not so quick to toss out the most talented core this team has had in decades because they’ve lost to some very good franchises.

And who is to say there was even a trade that could be made with Marner. You can’t lose a trade with a guy that talented. Valid criticism or not, he’s one of the best wingers in the game. If options were explored and nothing came up worthwhile you don’t just ditch the guy for the sake of it.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Eh, winning is hard. I’m as critical of the Leafs as any fan, but I’m not so quick to toss out the most talented core this team has had in decades because they’ve lost to some very good franchises.

And who is to say there was even a trade that could be made with Marner. You can’t lose a trade with a guy that talented. Valid criticism or not, he’s one of the best wingers in the game. If options were explored and nothing came up worthwhile you don’t just ditch the guy for the sake of it.
Well imo, Marner should have been gone after that delay of game penalty in the Habs series.

But I'm not a leafs fan so yeah. I think Toronto could have gotten some good pieces for him that would have made the team much better suited for the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: Bluenotes27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad