GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/17/2024 | 11 games Today

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Don Sweeney and Cam Neely were beloved Bruins in their playing days, but there's fans who constantly call for their heads. Same with Roy coaching the Avs. Player vs management are 2 seperate things. Detroit should scrutinize him more.
Yes, the contributions that were integral to a team's past glory and success give a player a lot of currency if they get into management. Using the examples you provide, I was a bit surprised at how the Swayman thing was handled.
At the same time, I'm thinking many Bruins supporters see a team that has been quite competitive for a good stretch, and maybe only now they are starting to look at things more critically.

As for the Red Wings, I have been very unconvinced by some hockey pundits giving them high marks as a threat in the visible future. I sure don't see it.

Reactions: BB79

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Corey Perry, Derek Ryan, and whoever joins them has to be the oldest line in the league by a decent margin.

Coffee

Take one step towards the direction you want to go
Nov 12, 2021
Wes Mcauley is such an utter dog shit ref.
He’s a good ref, does he have some bias against some teams like Tampa, Edmonton, Vancouver and Montreal? Yes, but not every ref is perfect

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
Man.... I love Markstrom.
Would you say he is he rounding into what he is capable of?
Being in Calgary, I've seen him show the top-tier skills he definitely possesses and it was always a question of being that guy more consistently.
Maybe a new environment will favour him.

Pablo El Perro

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Being in Calgary, I've seen him show the top-tier skills he definitely possesses and it was always a question of being that guy more consistently.
Us Panthers fans had a thanks Markstrom meme. But he was young.

Reactions: trilobyte

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Well he did have one bad game so far but otherwise he's been a calming presence. in the last season a couple of the bad turnovers so far this year would have been in the back of our net but he'll calmly catch it or blocker it aside. He also has done about three "how did he keep that out" saves that have never really happened since prime Schneider in the mid 2010's for the team.

The stats before the trade said he's one of the best at stopping high danger shots and so far he's proved that's true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad