GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/16/2024 | 4 games deluxe ultra premium games.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
The home announcers for the Pens seemed happy, same as the Pens fans who won the raffle to be the refs. The NHL has always been a parody of a league. George Parros is employed by these morons.

IMG_2135.gif

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I’m still not sure what’s more cringeworthy - medicine ads with a ton of side effects or the election ads where they talk shit about the opponent instead of presenting themselves

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Crosby still being an elite top line center at his age doesn't really shock me.

There's guys that come around that are absurdly good at one thing. Maybe being a skater, having a nuclear weapon of a shot, etc. I would argue Crosby never really "stood out" with one thing outside of maybe being able to rip a backhand harder than guys on their forehand. The difference with him is his incredible work ethic which allows him to be good at *everything* rather than one thing combined with an all time great hockey IQ.

Guys that can do it all tend to hang on a lot longer, at a higher level. Other examples include Patrice Bergeron before his hip turned to dust and current day Anze Kopitar.

Reactions: Theodore450

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I agree that it was a blown call, looked clearly offsides. That said, they really need to get rid of these ridiculous offsides challenges. If they can't even get those right, there's no point in even having them. It just makes the refs/league look even worse. "We missed the call on the ice, reviewed it, confirmed our call sucked, and we aren't changing it!"

Plus the “we got it wrong on review anyway, now here’s a free PP so you can get 2 goals that you don’t f***ing deserve” thing, which is really fun for everyone.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ah a meme, that adds a lot to the discussion. Do you actually like the product that the NHL puts out? It’s an absolute horror show.
Look just because you've watched the Sabres be ass since man discovered fire doesn't mean the other 31 teams are unwatchable.

Plot twist- our 4th line is actually our first line
Certainly feels like it lmao. Outside of Lindholm and the 3 minutes a night Pastrnak decides to show up for the Bruins top 6 has been pretty invisible to start the year.

Edit: Actually that's unfair, Marchand has been pretty money on the PK but doesn't have anything to show for it.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Look just because you've watched the Sabres be ass since man discovered fire doesn't mean the other 31 teams are unwatchable.

Certainly feels like it lmao. Outside of Lindholm and the 3 minutes a night Pastrnak decides to show up for the Bruins top 6 has been pretty invisible to start the year.

Edit: Actually that's unfair, Marchand has been pretty money on the PK but doesn't have anything to show for it.
The point is the games are unwatchable because the officiating is a disaster.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Is this the story of the Avs so far? I figured maybe Georgiev has been a sieve but in this period it was all on the Avs poor D

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Is this the story of the Avs so far? I figured maybe Georgiev has been a sieve but in this period it was all on the Avs poor D
There seem to be a bunch of problems with the Avs. Don't think it can all be blamed on one player. I'm guessing it's a pretty unhappy locker room.

I wonder if Bednar's job is in danger?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Injuries for one. They haven't had the following guys since the season started;

Drouin
Toews (this probably the biggest one)
Nichushkin (not back until November)
Lehkonen

And then the continuing will he?/won't he? saga of Landeskog

That Toews injury has completely derailed their defense. They weren't exactly deep to start with last year and are down three of their top 6 forwards Combine those with Georgiev being trash and there you go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad