GDT: HFBoards GDT: 10/10/2024 | 9 Games

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Hopefully they figure out how to keep it going for an entire season. That 14 game losing streak last year in ARI sank any chance of grabbing a playoff spot for them.
That was bizarre. I was pulling hard for them to make the playoffs, and it looked like they might. Then came the losing streak, yikes. Maybe they can get in this season. That arena will be insane if they do.

Reactions: BB79

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
That was bizarre. I was pulling hard for them to make the playoffs, and it looked like they might. Then came the losing streak, yikes. Maybe they can get in this season. That arena will be insane if they do.
A lot of us around the league were, given we knew it was likely their last year there. I just wanted the anarchy of having NHL playoff games in a tiny college arena. That would have been hilarious, especially if they made it deep into the playoffs

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
ROR still doin the damn thing no visor no problem

According to this announcer Jamie Benn just performed a “reach-around check”.

Jamie has always been the courteous type

91a31fd2-4276-4575-8d92-34329a14f9f1_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
A lot of us around the league were, given we knew it was likely their last year there. I just wanted the anarchy of having NHL playoff games in a tiny college arena. That would have been hilarious, especially if they made it deep into the playoffs
For sure. Those fans were lucky to be able to watch NHL hockey in that place. Playoffs would have been deafening. Not sure what Gary would be thinking having nationally televised playoff games in such a small barn.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
For sure. Those fans were lucky to be able to watch NHL hockey in that place. Playoffs would have been deafening. Not sure what Gary would be thinking having nationally televised playoff games in such a small barn.
I kind of wondered if Bettman would have made them move to a neutral site for the playoffs, Anaheim or something? The embarrassment of playoff games in a tiny college rink would be too much..well and a huge loss of revenue from tickets and concession sales. It would have been interesting.

Utah will be fun to watch if they make it. Wouldn't doubt it if they surprised a few teams. I can see them and Vegas becoming a good rivalry. If ARI was a contender from 2017-on they would have too

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
At first I thought that connected with Eklund for the goal which would have been even nicer but still, nice to see Celebrini get his first career goal on a dandy play!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad