GDT: HFBoards GDT | 1/10/19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
He was dragging his toe and off by a millimeter while stepping into the bench, same difference.

This is not a millimeter:

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 9.20.37 PM.png

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
McLeod punched a linesman in the face, and the linesman didn’t even flinch. He was aiming for Martin

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Nearly all pro sports have challenge calls. Refs miss a lot and if everyone else saw it, the call should be made correctly.
I don't really watch any other pro sports so can't really comment on that, but hockey is such a momentum game that a rule like that can completely ruin a game, and it has happened numerous times. Bad calls are annoying, I get it, but to have a playoff series or even the Stanley Cup decided by that rule would feel even worse than it being decided by a bad call.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I don't really watch any other pro sports so can't really comment on that, but hockey is such a momentum game that a rule like that can completely ruin a game, and it has happened numerous times.

That's why the penalty for a failed challenge is a two-minute minor.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
What an odd injury to Orlov. He goes for the hit, Donato tries to step around at the split second before contact and Orlov finishes his hit with his head into Donatos shoulder.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If that's a good Philly goal... that's hilarious.

Hilariously horrible officiating.

Okay good :laugh: even with the crazy biased Philly announcers.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That's why the penalty for a failed challenge is a two-minute minor.
That at least reduced the number of challenges and stopped coaches to use them as a longer timeout (something Tampa did a lot), but it felt to me like the NHL realized that they made a dumb rule but didn't want to get completely rid of it just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad