GDT: HFBoards GDT: 01/23/2024 | Yeah it's still me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I will once again repeat what I said before, checking a player into your own goalie will never be a smart play.

Reactions: zar

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
The amount of times a player gets pushed/led in but tries harder to maintain their balance than Hyman did there, and then the goal gets called back...

Yeah, had they challenged that, 50/50 coin flip whether it counts or not. Still a dumb play by Gudbranson though.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Just a Canucks fan who is turning the PDO comments his "team" has gotten all year in a way to get a response from Oiler fans.

Easy peesy. Glad to help.
Haha I’m aware who he is and what his deal is.
I’ve never mentioned PDO to Canuck fans, so I’m digging deeper.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They should have walked the entire coaching staff out the week before Christmas after a home loss to the Blue Jackets. The staff has tried nothing and is all out of ideas.
Just crazy with how much talent they have on roster and in system at all positions…. Goalies I guess are a little sus

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just crazy with how much talent they have on roster and in system at all positions…. Goalies I guess are a little sus

They aren't prepared to play most nights - some of that is on the players, some of it is on the coaches not being able to push any buttons - which is why they are so widely outscored in the first period.

They are terrible at rush defense and only create plays on rush chances. They are one-and-done outside of a couple players. You can see how they will stickhandle THROUGH the middle lane to not shoot or pass out of the middle lane. There are a bunch of one-way small forwards who don't/can't/won't forecheck or cycle AND the staff doesn't emphasize cycle and low triangle play, they want rush-rush-rush spiny-spiny bullshit ALL the time.

Oh, and the PP has been among the absolute worst in the entire NHL for over a calendar year now and yet they don't do anything differently. They keep putting the same guys out on PP1, most of them on PP2, and then do all of the same shit at ES that doesn't work. They don't move the puck quickly, they just look for the one-timer off the flank and teams have shut that down. There is no net-front presence, no crashing the net, no trying anyone else to do anything else. And yet Matt Ellis still has a f***ing job. He's tits on a bull vestigial but he's still working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad