HFB Build a Dynasty: Active Players GM Draft (Sign Up/Rules)

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Ok, sounds good. JI123 and DonutLee will be the CO-Commish's. If I don't happen to be around, please get with one of them. Also you can send proxy lists to them as well. I always suggest sending your lists to at least 2 people just to be safe.

KieranA91

Jan 31, 2013
Isle of Wight, UK
Just a quick question with the window, can you send in your pick outside the window when its your turn? Just where I'm 5 hours ahead of ET and if my clock starts at 9pm ET for example, I'm probably going to be asleep and can post it before work the next morning and then will be at work when the window reopens.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm posting a draft picks thread now....will be up in a few minutes.

Please do not post anything in there until i give the go ahead. I want to reserve the first few posts for picks as i'm sure i'll run out of space on the initial post.

Thanks guys!

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Just a quick question with the window, can you send in your pick outside the window when its your turn? Just where I'm 5 hours ahead of ET and if my clock starts at 9pm ET for example, I'm probably going to be asleep and can post it before work the next morning and then will be at work when the window reopens.

Absolutely! Picks CAN be made in between the window. Great point to clarify. You simply can't be skipped if you don't make a pick there, that's all.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal

I'd assume you can still make picks at night, just that windows for individual picks are frozen.

How exactly are players "rated" in the sim, do they have numerical stats like an overall in EA Sports games for example? Will we have access to a list of the players and their "stats"?

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Not a fan of my draft spot :cry:
Never had such a high pick... I FEEL OUT OF PLACE

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Aela*

Sorry for not posting my team, I didn't expect this to blow up like it did at all, so I went out to dinner.

Anyways I'll be the London Knights!

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'd assume you can still make picks at night, just that windows for individual picks are frozen.

How exactly are players "rated" in the sim, do they have numerical stats like an overall in EA Sports games for example? Will we have access to a list of the players and their "stats"?

http://whatifsports.com/nhl-l/

http://whatifsports.com/nhl-l/profile_team.asp?hfid=23&season=2012-13

Basically you can use any player from any season going all the way back to 1917. All rosters are updated through this season already. So basically you're drafting players based on current ability and what they did based on this past year.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Quoted cause I don't think there was an answer to this yet.

Great question. They are skipped and then may pick whenever after. If you are at the end of a round (ie first/last pick), it's counted as one draft slot, simply because you're not going to take the full time to make both picks. If anyone disagrees with this, let me know. It's the way I've always ran past mocks.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
So basically you're drafting players based on current ability and what they did based on this past year.
The shortened 2013 season? Okay.

What about players who played only some of the 2013 season due to injury? Is total points per season or points-per -game average more important for simming?

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
So I assume we will sim multiple seasons, So you say that this whole league will be solely based on 2013 stats, will players ever get a chance to grow and get better or will they forever be affected by their 2013 stats in the sim, also will players retire?

Edit: so will drafting a player like Gallagher or Galchenyuk hold their value like they would in a fantasy league or will they forever be as good as they were this season

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The shortened 2013 season? Okay.

What about players who played only some of the 2013 season due to injury? Is total points per season or points-per -game average more important for simming?

They're all included in the rosters as far as I can tell. Points per game is generally more important. There is also a defensive rating for both offensive and defensive players.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
So I assume we will sim multiple seasons, So you say that this whole league will be solely based on 2013 stats, will players ever get a chance to grow and get better or will they forever be affected by their 2013 stats in the sim, also will players retire?

Edit: so will drafting a player like Gallagher or Galchenyuk hold their value like they would in a fantasy league or will they forever be as good as they were this season

They will grow as they do in real life since it's largely stats driven. So as players get better and put up better numbers they will perform better in the sim. Hence the keeper/dynasty aspect.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Just going to give you a heads up on the draft clock, you have it right now so that it's essentially 5AM-7PM PST time. So anyone on the west coast will have a more difficult time picking in the morning (I'll be one of them, dunno if I'm the only one). My suggestion is having the clock 10AM-12AM EST, which would be 7AM-9PM PST.

Donut (co commish) brought up a good point for folks out on the west coast and mountain time zones.

I'll alter the draft clock windows to make sure it's not starting so early for our folks out west. We'll run 10AM-Midnight EST.

Aela*

stats seem weird, seguin is better than bergeron defensively, letang has a 93 in def (chara has a 94 and somehow oel has a 94 as well)

think i'll be sticking with pure stats cause it looks like the defensive rating sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $80.00