HFB Build a Dynasty: Active Players GM Draft (DISCUSSION THREAD #2)

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
Me too. Maybe we can get someone else to sim it? I am all thumbs with anything technological (been in sim leagues but never ran a sim myself) but I am willing to do some grunt work as a wing man.

Let's wait to see if the commish of this league has given up on it (or if he's just busy elsewhere) before we decide where to go from here.

Yeah there's no way this can go down, too promising and there's a lot of great people in here

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm looking into other sim possibilities today guys. Was on vacation over the past weekend so time was limited. I'm not optimistic about the sim I was planning on using.

I'm open to any ideas you guys might have or insights to other sims.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
I'm looking into other sim possibilities today guys. Was on vacation over the past weekend so time was limited. I'm not optimistic about the sim I was planning on using.

Honestly, I just want us to have a decision soon. All the guys have been waiting and waiting and just wanna get something started with the rosters we've drafted. Could we possibly fix the situation for the simulater you have now by having the correct positions for each player on the team? Open trading? Possibly having a mini-re-draft of like 3-4 rounds for people who have players that aren't in the right position? Any other simulators? These all suggestions... butt man.... LETS START THIS THING SOON DX

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress

If you draft a LW you play them at LW, its as simple as that, lets do the original simulator and start asap

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
We need to get rosters ready for a vote! The sim will not work due to above mentioned problems. We can get polls put up and have a timetable for votes and proceed like the regular NHL playoffs.

Aela*

We need to get rosters ready for a vote! The sim will not work due to above mentioned problems. We can get polls put up and have a timetable for votes and proceed like the regular NHL playoffs.

Use a different sim?

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Would've made a completely different roster had I known we were doing voting instead of a sim, but okay...

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Well it wasn't in my plans for the game to not allow us to interchange W's lol. I'd like for us to come to some sort of conclusion at least. I think we all would have drafted differently, no doubt.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Why don't we just change our rosters through trades or use a different sim? It sucks with the amount of time and effort it took for this for it just to end with a vote.

Aela*

Why don't we just change our rosters through trades or use a different sim? It sucks with the amount of time and effort it took for this for it just to end with a vote.

Please be a sim. Like seriously a vote? :facepalm: I really don't want a vote lol.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
I just think its incredibly ridiculous that we are halting all operations because of 1 stupid issue. Its not a big deal, throw your big boy pants on and move on.

Lets Sim just like we intended to when we all signed up and drafted

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
What's the big problem? The only issue seems to be wingers out of position, and that is minor, just needs a few trades for some teams (my team have everyone in position, but some teams may have one or two more RWers or LWers).

Perhaps the commish simply isn't interested in this anymore? If so, just say it.

Several of us still show KEEN interest in doing the sim and don't understand how one minor issue could nix it all. :dunno:

TheNudge

Aug 11, 2008
Kind of important

I believe I need to draft two more player to complete my minor team. Just a heads up!!

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
We're going to have to shut this down. I'm extremely sorry but given the issues with the sim and folks not wanting the vote process, i feel there is no recourse left. There are far to many rosters with out of wack W's and the game will not let me load the rosters correctly for sim. The sim simply won't work and trading players doesn't make sense as not every deal will be fair for one party or another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad