Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Polls 2024 - #5

Who is the Avs #5 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
2024 top draft pick Ilya Nabokov debuts at #4 on the polls as the top newcomer of 2024.

1) Calum Ritchie
2) Mikhail Gulyayev
3) Sean Behrens
4) Ilya Nabokov

Added Maxmilian Curran to the polls. Screw it, starting here we will open the nominations up to two per round until we hit 10 total prospects. The field is so wide open that we might as well start early on that this year.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Going with Foudy here, but he has got to prove he can be healthy this year. If he can, he has a good shot to become a regular with the Avs this season (considering the dismal state of our forward depth). If not, then he might be a washout.

Add Pitner and Fisher, the DU boys. They're going to as good of a program there is in the NCAA.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Considering this will be his 5th year in the AHL (he should get paid pain and suffering for that alone) and last year of his ELC and waiver exemption Foudy does need significant NHL games at this point. He still has a better chance than anyone ranked below him, though.

Add Miner

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Bednar gushes about Ivan so I'll go with him. Wonder if he competes with Wagner for 4C.
I hope he does. I want as much good competition as possible for those 4th line spots. The one thing that worried me was that Bednar praised the heck our Ivan last year at camp, but when he had to call up a center at the end of the season, it was Wagner not Ivan who got the nod. Hope that was just a case of it being for the playoffs and Bednar has had more actual experience with Wagner.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I hope he does. I want as much good competition as possible for those 4th line spots. The one thing that worried me was that Bednar praised the heck our Ivan last year at camp, but when he had to call up a center at the end of the season, it was Wagner not Ivan who got the nod. Hope that was just a case of it being for the playoffs and Bednar has had more actual experience with Wagner.
Ivan didn’t have a NHL contract. But who Bednar likes in camp doesn’t really mean much. There’s also a lot of media narratives crafted about certain players and Bednar wants to give positivity most of the time so there’s a good sound bite here and there. The whole Galchenyuk was finally turned into a real player narrative is prime example of this.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Ivan didn’t have a NHL contract. But who Bednar likes in camp doesn’t really mean much. There’s also a lot of media narratives crafted about certain players and Bednar wants to give positivity most of the time so there’s a good sound bite here and there. The whole Galchenyuk was finally turned into a real player narrative is prime example of this.
Thanks TV! I only have so much time I can devote to my obsession with hockey, so I rely mainly on info posted in our Prospects and Eagles threads for info. There just wasn't much talk on Ivan so I was wondering if he stalled or something changed over the course of the year. I know some folks think it's a rather meaningless difference and that neither are suited for the role, but with our cap situation, I have no idea what folks expect. So I'd like to see as many individauls given a chance as possible. More competition, evan at relatively the same level, is never useless IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad