Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Polls 2024 - #3

Who is the Avs #3 Prospect?

• C - Ivan Ivan - Undrafted - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LW - William Zellers - 2024 #76 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Actually, Mandolese is technically eligible for this year under the rules, even though he turns 24 in five weeks. That's barely under the cutoff, but I'll allow it. I'm going to add him to the list of eligible players in the main thread.

Top 10 Avs prospect here we go!

Reactions: henchman21

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
Something that I don't think people realize about Behrens is that in college, he was about as good of shutdown defensemen as there was. He stepped in as a freshman and could match up consistently. By his junior year, I don't think there was a better defensemen on that side of the puck in all of college hockey. There is risk that his style has translation issues due to his size. People see he's ~5'10" ~185lbs and he gets labeled with the offensive, puck moving types... which he can move the puck, but his his calling card is defense. He's got fantastic gaps, reads the play well, excellent stick and is surprisingly pretty physical.
Great Post

I think people saw him as the Ian Mitchell replacement as the PP QB when he came in - and thought he was going to be the Butcher, Carle, LaLeggia kind of player.

He was awesome in the 2022 NCAA semi vs Michigan when they had all the #1 picks. That team gave up 6 goals in 4 games in the NCAA Tournament Just 2 against michigan - the D kept them outside all game.

Then last year was even better - they allowed 3 goals in the 4 games and that included games against #1 pick Macklin Celebrini and a shutout of the BC Eagles with Gauthier and bunch of other 1st round picks. NCAA is a different beast these days with the talent level. So he won't be overwhelmed with the talent levels IMO.

It was most likely the best Defensive run I've seen by a DU team (I go back to 79)

Sean needs weight - and to be better at absorbing some hits in the zone. I've seen times where he gets caught in a bad body position taking on a hit. David Carle and Co coached him up on that issue - but the men in the NHL will be gunning for him at his size.

I'm really hopeful he can make an impact for the Avs - quickly. We need to rebuild that defensive depth flexibility in the lineup.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Great Post

I think people saw him as the Ian Mitchell replacement as the PP QB when he came in - and thought he was going to be the Butcher, Carle, LaLeggia kind of player.

He was awesome in the 2022 NCAA semi vs Michigan when they had all the #1 picks. That team gave up 6 goals in 4 games in the NCAA Tournament Just 2 against michigan - the D kept them outside all game.

Then last year was even better - they allowed 3 goals in the 4 games and that included games against #1 pick Macklin Celebrini and a shutout of the BC Eagles with Gauthier and bunch of other 1st round picks. NCAA is a different beast these days with the talent level. So he won't be overwhelmed with the talent levels IMO.

It was most likely the best Defensive run I've seen by a DU team (I go back to 79)

Sean needs weight - and to be better at absorbing some hits in the zone. I've seen times where he gets caught in a bad body position taking on a hit. David Carle and Co coached him up on that issue - but the men in the NHL will be gunning for him at his size.

I'm really hopeful he can make an impact for the Avs - quickly. We need to rebuild that defensive depth flexibility in the lineup.
I hope he doesn’t bulk up too much. We’ve seen what happened to Sammy when he bulked up and lost that little bit of skating advantage he had.

Reactions: henchman21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad