Prospect Info: HFAvs Prospect Ranking Polls 2024 - #12

Who is the Avs #12 Prospect?

• C - Nikita Prishchepov - 2024 #217 - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D - Saige Weinstein - Undrafted - (New)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Jake Fisher wins a crowded field to land at #11 on the polls as he prepares to join Tory Pitner in DU's freshman class.

1) Calum Ritchie
2) Mikhail Gulyayev
3) Sean Behrens
4) Ilya Nabokov
5) Jean-Luc Foudy
6) Oskar Olausson
7) Ivan Ivan
8) William Zellers
9) Maxmilian Curran
10) Tory Pitner
11) Jake Fisher

Added Saige Weinstein to the polls.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Put me down for Ivan Yunin. Some of the stuff I've heard about him is really interesting, there were a couple of goalie gurus that I saw who had him pegged as a breakout candidate for next year. Of all the long shots left, he might have the highest ceiling, even if he's on a longer timeline.

Add Ambrosio I guess. Last season was terrible, and might have been devastating for his chances of earning a contract, but we'll see if he can get a bigger role at his new school (Boston was incredibly stacked with first round picks last year after all) and run with it. Maybe he can get his career back on track.

AvsFan4

Jul 18, 2024
Is it cause my profile is “new” that I can’t vote? I was an inconsistent poster here I just had to create a new profile for some unknown reason.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Is it cause my profile is “new” that I can’t vote? I was an inconsistent poster here I just had to create a new profile for some unknown reason.
Probably, yeah. I don't know how long it takes for that restriction to lift, you may want to ping a mod to get an answer on that.

Reactions: AvsFan4

AvsFan4

Jul 18, 2024
Probably, yeah. I don't know how long it takes for that restriction to lift, you may want to ping a mod to get an answer on that.
I’m not that butthurt about being able to vote on our #13th ranked prospect. Just wanted to make sure I didn’t set something up wrong when I had to make another account lol

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yunin didn’t even make my top 20, he hasn’t even played regularly in the MHL yet. With his rights held indefinitely he’ll be on these polls for the rest of the decade.

I’d put Ambro’s chances at getting a deal at zero, his ship sailed two years ago.

I’m voting Miner at least he has a contract and if the Avs don’t get a real third goalie or new backup he might actually see NHL action.

Add Stienburg, maybe nepotism will get him a game before his contract ends this year.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Yunin didn’t even make my top 20, he hasn’t even played regularly in the MHL yet. With his rights held indefinitely he’ll be on these polls for the rest of the decade.
Omskie Yastreby's MHL team had a bunch of older goaltenders blocking Yunin's path to playing time last year. I don't really hold his lack of MHL games against him. Russian prospects come up in KHL team affiliated MHL/VHL systems, so if a team's system happens to be stacked with goalies the younger ones are kind of SOL until the guys ahead of them age out. Yunin was 17 all season and had three older goalies splitting the bulk of the MHL team's starts, it's kind of hard to blame him for not forcing his way into a roster with that kind of a logjam.

I'm not a goalie guy myself, but Yunin has been described as freakishly athletic and he apparently had quite a few fans who expect him to really break out when he gets his opportunity. The more I've heard about him since the draft the more intrigued I am by his potential upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00