• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Prospect rankings. Rank how you see fit. Feel free to list your criteria as we progress through the list.

Jack Peart comes in at the #9 spot. On to #10

1. Jesper Wallstedt (71.4%)
2. Broccoli Faber (43.2%)
3. Marco Rossi (56.1%)
4. Danila Yurov (63.9%)
5. Marat Khusnutdinov (51.4%)
6. Liam Ohgren (94.6%)
7. Charlie Stramel (46.2%)
8. Carson Lambos (55.2%)
9. Jack Peart (46.7%)
10. Riley Heidt (40.6%)

Feel free to make suggestions for prospects to add.

2022-23 Final Poll

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Probably have ~5 pretty close to each other right here:

Bankier, Spacek, Hunt, ROR, Masters. In some order.

Bankier first. 6'2" center. Can't really ask for better improvement from draft year to D+1.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Going Bankier, but probably more because I really want him to work out. Could easily have picked Hunt, or a couple of others.
Nvm, changed my vote to Hunt. I think he’s a sure thing to play some NHL games, while Bankier is more of a maybe.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Out of the first ten, which 5 players have the highest likelihood of being NHL regulars in your opinion? I’d say;
1 - Faber
2- Wallstedt
3- Ohgren
4- Yurov
5 - Marat

HM - Peart

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They're all kinda the same level at this point..

Kumpulainen and Bankier are the same word in different fonts, you just hope they can be 3rd line centers someday.
Spacek just had the one standout tournament and he's riding that.
Haight's got a lot of skill but big questions around if he can put it all together.
O'Rourke's kinda fallen off a little bit the last year or two, and his upside was always a bit of a question mark to begin with.

Gonna go with Hunt just because he's been the most promising the longest and hasn't given any reason to doubt him lately either.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Out of the first ten, which 5 players have the highest likelihood of being NHL regulars in your opinion? I’d say;
1 - Faber
2- Wallstedt
3- Ohgren
4- Yurov
5 - Marat

HM - Peart
1. Wallstedt
2. Khusnutdinov
3. Yurov
4. Ohgren
5. Stramel

Didn’t include Broccoli cause he’s already an NHL regular.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
1 - Faber
2- Wallstedt
3- Ohgren
4- Yurov
5 - Marat

HM - Peart

Wallstedt, Faber, Ohgren, and Stramel

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
These are very unofficial polls. You don't need to still be pouty about Faber being #2.
And yet these polls are just as correct as the "official" prospect rankings. Either we're all a bunch of geniuses, or Pronman and Wheeler can't predict the future. Probably it's the former.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
And yet these polls are just as correct as the "official" prospect rankings. Either we're all a bunch of geniuses, or Pronman and Wheeler can't predict the future. Probably it's the former.

We might all be geniuses, but Pronman and Wheeler are the smart ones. They are getting paid for their guesses and we aren't.

I guess in today's terms the Pronman and Wheeler are influencers and the rest of us are users.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
We might all be geniuses, but Pronman and Wheeler are the smart ones. They are getting paid for their guesses and we aren't.

I guess in today's terms the Pronman and Wheeler are influencers and the rest of us are users.
True, but I'd rather do what I'm doing now for money than what they're doing for money. I like writing and talking about hockey, so I would never do it for a living.

I made YouTube videos for a bit around a hobby that I loved. Now I do neither.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
These are very unofficial polls. You don't need to still be pouty about Faber being #2.
I'm not pouty. The only ones pouting are the ones trying to control what I say and how I conduct my rankings. Guarantee if the situation was flipped around and Faber was a badger then I would be getting called a homer. The typical "office politics" of this board.

I left Faber off of the answer to the question because, in my opinion, he's already reached NHL regular status. He has zero competition, not only for a 3rd pairing spot but also the top 4 spot. He doesn't have to do a damn thing to be an NHL regular outside of prove he's better than Addison or Johansson. Shouldn't be too hard. In fact, I expect Spacek to be an NHL regular pretty soon too. Far sooner than Jack Peart, Daemon Hunt, Ryan O'Rourke, or any of the LD prospects stuck behind a mountain of depth.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not pouty. The only ones pouting are the ones trying to control what I say and how I conduct my rankings. Guarantee if the situation was flipped around and Faber was a badger then I would be getting called a homer. The typical "office politics" of this board.

I left Faber off of the answer to the question because, in my opinion, he's already reached NHL regular status. He has zero competition, not only for a 3rd pairing spot but also the top 4 spot. He doesn't have to do a damn thing to be an NHL regular outside of prove he's better than Addison or Johansson. Shouldn't be too hard. In fact, I expect Spacek to be an NHL regular pretty soon too. Far sooner than Jack Peart, Daemon Hunt, Ryan O'Rourke, or any of the LD prospects stuck behind a mountain of depth.
There is... a solution staring you in the face. Just join the Gophers side. It's so easy once you start.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Digitalbooya

Wabit

May 23, 2016
True, but I'd rather do what I'm doing now for money than what they're doing for money. I like writing and talking about hockey, so I would never do it for a living.

I made YouTube videos for a bit around a hobby that I loved. Now I do neither.

You can't just say that and not give us a link to your channel. When you do leave the link just remember to tell all of us to "like, comment, and subscribe" because it's a law or something. Right?

The idea of making Youtube videos kind of intrigues me. The process of making the videos is what interests me more than anything. I can't even turn on a facetime thing on my phone, so it's all pretty much a foreign concept to me.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I put Faber on my list due to the fact he's played a grand total of 8 NHL games (2 regular season and 6 Playoff). Addison had 6 NHL games in his first NHL season (3 regular season and 3 Playoff). Both were age 20 at the time. As a general rule I have players eligible for the Calder as prospects.

I completely agree with your assessment of Faber and the easier road he has compared to the LD. I think Stramel falls into that same boat when it comes to FWDs. He just needs to be better than Bankier and Kump and he's in the lineup as at least the 4C when he turns pro.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
You can't just say that and not give us a link to your channel. When you do leave the link just remember to tell all of us to "like, comment, and subscribe" because it's a law or something. Right?

The idea of making Youtube videos kind of intrigues me. The process of making the videos is what interests me more than anything. I can't even turn on a facetime thing on my phone, so it's all pretty much a foreign concept to me.
lol Those videos are embarrassing and nerdy.

Since you mentioned being intrigued, I'll share my experience. Making the videos is a lot of tedious work. I only started to hit a groove after about a year, but by then I was burning out. To make my videos I'd first have to create a deck, which took upwards of 10-20 hours, depending on the complexity of the thing, and then I'd have to write a script, check for factual errors in the scrip and the deck I'd built (inevitably missing plenty of them and getting told so in the comments), edit the script. record the audio, edit the audio, download hundreds of pictures, put each one into the video in just the right place to line up with what I was saying using video editing software, and then the video was done. But the work wasn't, because then I'd have to create a thumbnail (I used my own photo editing skills, which are limited), research relevant keywords in similar videos to rate highly for the YouTube algorithm, make a title and description and, finally, upload.

So each video represents at least 50 hours of work, some more (especially the first one, before I really knew what I was doing), and the monetary reward was infinitesimal. I earned some small amount of money for it, but it would have been far more lucrative to just work second job at minimum wage for a year and a half. It didn't help my cause that I was adverse to making clickbait. I hate clickbait passionately, and I won't be a part of the problem. Of course, it wasn't all about the money for me, either. In fact, I sort of wish I'd never started worrying about money in the first place, it ruined most of the enjoyment. The first 20 or so videos I made were a lot of fun to record and produce, but after that I should have just started making them when I felt the itch to, rather than do it as regular content, algorithm be damned.

If you're still wanting to see the end product despite my warnings, here you are. They're really not worth watching unless you're into MTG, and even then I'm not sure of their value. I fully expect to be made fun of around here until the end of HFBoards for this.

Last edited:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
If you're still wanting to see the end product despite my warnings, here you are. They're really not worth watching unless you're into MTG, and even then I'm not sure of their value. I fully expect to be made fun of around here until the end of HFBoards for this.

f*** that. Never be afraid to show your passion. Societal definitions of "cool" are bullshit anyway. You be you, king.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
lol Those videos are embarrassing and nerdy.

Since you mentioned being intrigued, I'll share my experience. Making the videos is a lot of tedious work. I only started to hit a groove after about a year, but by then I was burning out. To make my videos I'd first have to create a deck, which took upwards of 10-20 hours, depending on the complexity of the thing, and then I'd have to write a script, check for factual errors in the scrip and the deck I'd built (inevitably missing plenty of them and getting told so in the comments), edit the script. record the audio, edit the audio, download hundreds of pictures, put each one into the video in just the right place to line up with what I was saying using video editing software, and then the video was done. But the work wasn't, because then I'd have to create a thumbnail (I used my own photo editing skills, which are limited), research relevant keywords in similar videos to rate highly for the YouTube algorithm, make a title and description and, finally, upload.

So each video represents at least 50 hours of work, some more (especially the first one, before I really knew what I was doing), and the monetary reward was infinitesimal. I earned some small amount of money for it, but it would have been far more lucrative to just work second job at minimum wage for a year and a half. It didn't help my cause that I was adverse to making clickbait. I hate clickbait passionately, and I won't be a part of the problem. Of course, it wasn't all about the money for me, either. In fact, I sort of wish I'd never started worrying about money in the first place, it ruined most of the enjoyment. The first 20 or so videos I made were a lot of fun to record and produce, but after that I should have just started making them when I felt the itch to, rather than do it as regular content, algorithm be damned.

I've never gotten into MTG, so you are correct they do sound nerdy to me. But really it's a nerdy topic so it's what I expect the for a channel like this. There isn't anything to be embarrassed about. The production quality of the couple videos I watched is very good. It's quality voicework too.

I can see why that your chosen topic adds a lot of preproduction time into making each video. I can also see how it could lead to complete burnout on MTG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad