Prospect Info: HF Wild NHL Draft Big Board Pick #24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is pick #24 on the draft board?

• Terik Parascak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryder Ritchie

• Cole Beaudoin

• Leo Sahlin Wallenius

• Other (please specify)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I haven’t seen much of Elick so I went with EJ Emery who has looked pretty good in my viewings with the US teams. Big RHD that seems well coached and solid positionally relative to age, moves the puck decently and seems likely to at least see middle or bottom pairing time in the NHL.

I don’t feel strongly about any of the remaining players here out of ignorance.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I know nothing. But maybe he's a diamond in the rough. Or an emery...emerald. But now we need some guys with easier names to say, so Emery it is.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
PR problems are for PR people. Goals are goals.
I think it entirely depends on the severity and breadth of what is/was dug up. Several scandals in hockey lately have resulted in players never playing in the NHL or not getting to anymore/any time soon. It would suck to lose your 1st round pick to such a thing.

I'm not against giving a guy a second chance, I'm actually in favor of it if he's sincerely remorseful, but I'm not sure I'd want my team to bank their only 1st round pick on his being remorseful. It's hard to know another person's mind.

FWIW I'm not voting, I'm just stating why I would or would not pick him here.

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Since we aren't picking the mid 20's I am not going to get worried about where Connelly goes, but I will say that the dimmer the spotlight that is on him, the better for the team involved. NO one wants to introduce their prized 1st round pick and hope for the future, as "Let's welcome Trevor Connelly, who is not only a highly skilled winger, but an anti-semitic bully who shits on people's belongings, and has sue happy parents!".

In times past a lot of this would've flown under the radar, but the info is out there, and will attached to his name forever. Probably best he is picked in the 2nd round in a low pressure environment, and that he has an uneventful 2-3 years in the minors (out of sight, out of mind)spiced with well planned (by the team and agent) off ice redemption activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad