Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Going till our 2nd round pick (#45).

This is a draft board for the Minnesota Wild. We, as a collective, are the GM and scouting department tasked with ranking the players for the upcoming draft.

Who is the #18 player on our draft board?

1. Malkin Celebrini (100%)
2. Ivan Demidov (83.3%)
3. Artyom Levshunov (81.8%)
4a. Zeev Buium (35.7%)
4b. Sam Dickinson (35.7%)
6. Berkly Catton (43.8%)
7. Anton Silayev (35.7%)
8. Cayden Lindstrom (52.9%)
9. Konsta Helenius (33.3%)
10. Tij Iginla (52.9%)
11. Carter Yakemchuk (46.2%)
12. Zayne Parekh (38.5%)
13. Cole Eiserman (38.9%)
14. Michael Brandsegg-Nygard (44.4%)
15. Beckett Sennecke (62.5%)
16a. Liam Greentree (33.33%)
16b. Michael Hage (33.33%)

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Chernyshov.

6'2" righty pretty consistently ranked in the 17-20 range. Similar goal scoring numbers as Yurov in the MHL in his draft year.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Solberg, because he messed with Canada :D
Moved up to 15 after the Worlds on some of these expert predictions.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If the first 12 went like it has in this exercise, I'd be fairly open to move down to #18.

Any one of Eiserman, MBN, Sennecke, Greentree, Hage or Chernyshov could be a home run.

He intrigues me a lot as well. We would have quite the Russian group if we drafted him.
I asked on the prospect boards, but I wonder what is keeping Artamonov so low on lists after 23 points (7+16) in 54 KHL games. For comparison's sake, Kaprizov had 8 points (4+4) in 31 KHL games. He's another one that I'm intrigued about.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
If the first 12 went like it has in this exercise, I'd be fairly open to move down to #18.

Any one of Eiserman, MBN, Sennecke, Greentree, Hage or Chernyshov could be a home run.

I asked on the prospect boards, but I wonder what is keeping Artamonov so low on lists after 23 points (7+16) in 54 KHL games. For comparison's sake, Kaprizov had 8 points (4+4) in 31 KHL games. He's another one that I'm intrigued about.

Artamonov got fairly consistent top-6 minutes in the KHL this year. Larionov seems to be playing under different rules or something, or finding ways to maximize players. Seeing Firstov terminated(applies to this theory, have avoided commenting on the matter elsewhere for a reason) and Atanasov extending were both surprises to me though, as I thought both may want to head to NA sooner than later.

Artamonov's strengths mostly lie in his mental game, shot/skating/frame aren't anything special at this point. I feel like there's a bit of a false narrative in that because he played in the KHL this year he's more mature and has less room to grow, but its not like he was a dominant MHL player a year ago. He's getting my vote.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Artamonov got fairly consistent top-6 minutes in the KHL this year. Larionov seems to be playing under different rules or something, or finding ways to maximize players. Seeing Firstov terminated(applies to this theory, have avoided commenting on the matter elsewhere for a reason) and Atanasov extending were both surprises to me though, as I thought both may want to head to NA sooner than later.

Artamonov's strengths mostly lie in his mental game, shot/skating/frame aren't anything special at this point. I feel like there's a bit of a false narrative in that because he played in the KHL this year he's more mature and has less room to grow, but its not like he was a dominant MHL player a year ago. He's getting my vote.
I did a writeup a while back on Artamonov vs. Chernyshov, and this was what I found in watching Artamonov, too. I actually liked his complete game more than Chernyshov's, despite Chernyshov having the better skating and size. I didn't feel either one of them have high-end offensive skills, but Artamonov plays a full 3-zone game with a willingness to engage in battles, while Chernyshov plays a solid 1 to 2-zone game and seems to limit his battles to net-front. I may be being a little harsh in my glibness, but I think it shows my distaste for his defensive zone play well enough.

I think Artamonov's ability to already produce in the KHL while still not having a great shot, enough strength, or great skating shows that his engagement and intelligence is high-end. If he develops his tools a bit more, he's going to be pretty good IMO. I voted for him in this poll.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Voted Jiricek mostly because of the position he plays and his physical tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad