• Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Perrault’s productivity is hard to ignore. Think he’s the guy here.

I’d add Timashev & But. Copycat league and everyone will be taking note of Vegas’ huge blueline

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Perrault's stats are eye opening, but his speed and size are average, and some think that the stats are a product of his linemates, and the less than tough opposition the team plays relative to them.

Main thing for me is that he doesn't play C. We won't get C's by picking wings. C turn into wings at the pro level, but wings almost never turn into C's.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Perrault's stats are eye opening, but his speed and size are average, and some think that the stats are a product of his linemates, and the less than tough opposition the team plays relative to them.

Main thing for me is that he doesn't play C. We won't get C's by picking wings. C turn into wings at the pro level, but wings almost never turn into C's.
People said the same about Caufield (Hughes) and Debrincat (McDavid). There's always one guy that gets "he's a product of his linemates" said about him, but only sometimes is it true. I'm not saying that #14 is where he should be picked, or that there aren't flaws in his game that may cause an issue in the NHL (Rossi is an unfortunate example at this moment in time), but I am saying that the best players typically end up on lines with the next best players.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
People said the same about Caufield (Hughes) and Debrincat (McDavid). There's always one guy that gets "he's a product of his linemates" said about him, but only sometimes is it true. I'm not saying that #14 is where he should be picked, or that there aren't flaws in his game that may cause an issue in the NHL (Rossi is an unfortunate example at this moment in time), but I am saying that the best players typically end up on lines with the next best players.
Boldy fell because many said the same about him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yet scouts aren't saying the same about Leonard and Smith, his line mates.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yet scouts aren't saying the same about Leonard and Smith, his line mates.
Scouting isn't perfect, they could be just as wrong about one or both of them. Not unheard of.
Putting up the points this kid has, is rarified air. He's in the company of... Auston Mathews alone there. I don't think 14th overall is crazy here.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Scouting isn't perfect, they could be just as wrong about one or both of them. Not unheard of.
Putting up the points this kid has, is rarified air. He's in the company of... Auston Mathews alone there. I don't think 14th overall is crazy here.
I agree that 14th for him is not a stretch, though this year has a lot of talent. For us, however, who are in dire needs of C's, and to a lesser extent, RHS forwards, picking a LW when there are other options seems wrongheaded.

Again, good C's won't just turn up on our doorstep. We need to draft them.

Reactions: 7dayBender

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I agree that 14th for him is not a stretch, though this year has a lot of talent. For us, however, who are in dire needs of C's, and to a lesser extent, RHS forwards, picking a LW when there are other options seems wrongheaded.

Again, good C's won't just turn up on our doorstep. We need to draft them.
He's a left shot RW actually
You can't teach offense and this kid seems to have it in spades. That's why I've finally pulled the trigger on him here.
We're not getting him anyway as we're not picking 14th, but if we were and he was there, I have a hard time saying no at that point based on how this board has gone.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Doesn't he play on the same line as Leonard(RHS), or have i got that wrong? I thought Moore was the #2C.

Point still stands about needing C's and RHS forwards. As of now, we have Zuccarello and Johansson/Foligno playing LHS RW, and not a hell of a lot in the prospect pool with Ohgren, Yurov, and Beckman all LHS wings.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Doesn't he play on the same line as Leonard(RHS), or have i got that wrong? I thought Moore was the #2C.
I haven't paid close enough attention so know that for sure... but he's listed as RW...

1685558240835.png

Athletic says smith and leonard

NHL scouts haven’t been able to ignore what he has done this year, either, outproducing two unanimous top prospects in the draft in linemates Will Smith and Ryan Leonard.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, Perreault plays on a line with Smith(top 5) and Leonard (top 7-8), both of whom are RHS. Odd as hell that they have Perreault playing RW. On their overpowering team i think they can get away with it while playing a flowing, offense first game. Not sure that will be the case in the pros, where he will be expected to play some defense, unless he is an absolutely great offensive player.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You can't teach offense and this kid seems to have it in spades. That's why I've finally pulled the trigger on him here.
We're not getting him anyway as we're not picking 14th, but if we were and he was there, I have a hard time saying no at that point based on how this board has gone.
I could very well be a decision to make at #21.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, Perreault plays on a line with Smith(top 5) and Leonard (top 7-8), both of whom are RHS. Odd as hell that they have Perreault playing RW. On their overpowering team i think they can get away with it while playing a flowing, offense first game. Not sure that will be the case in the pros, where he will be expected to play some defense, unless he is an absolutely great offensive player.
It's not unheard of to want to have a player's forehand towards the middle of the ice. Lemaire preferred that, which is why he had Gaborik on the RW as a LHS. Keeps the shooter in better position to shoot deeper into the zone.

I could very well be a decision to make at #21.
Even easier choice at #21

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's not unheard of to want to have a player's forehand towards the middle of the ice. Lemaire preferred that, which is why he had Gaborik on the RW as a LHS. Keeps the shooter in better position to shoot deeper into the zone.

Even easier choice at #21
It's good for a better shot angle(i.e PP), but worse for playing along the boards, and for most defensive situations, and eliminates the outside move for wings on the rush, for the most part. There is a reason that most wings play on the side that they shoot. Only the most talented scorers are put there (i.e. Gaborik).
Again, we are loaded with LHS shots, both on the club Kap and Boldy, as well as our three best wing prospects. I am sure that even Lemaire would want some RHS forwards on this team.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It's good for a better shot angle(i.e PP), but worse for playing along the boards, and for most defensive situations, and eliminates the outside move for wings on the rush, for the most part. There is a reason that most wings play on the side that they shoot. Only the most talented scorers are put there (i.e. Gaborik).
Again, we are loaded with LHS shots, both on the club Kap and Boldy, as well as our three best wing prospects. I am sure that even Lemaire would want some RHS forwards on this team.
Trades can happen, a lot can happen between when he's drafted and when he reaches the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad