HF Habs: HF Habs: 2024 Habs Prospect rankings #42

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the next best prospect?

• Joe Vrbetic

Votes: 40 65.6%
  • Ty Smilanic

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Jack Smith

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Sucked in the USHL, sucks in the NCAA. Probably our worst draft pick relative to position in the last 2 decades.
I think David Fischer and Dalton Thrower were pretty easily significantly worse picks. I'd also add Connor Crisp as well.

Thrower was terrible immediately after being drafted, and the Habs compounded their terrible draft choice by giving him an ELC which took up contract space. Fischer obviously is slightly worse than Claude Giroux...

At least Connor Crisp was only a 3rd, and maybe could have been tough. But also a worse use of draft capital, IMO.

Smith was a mid-4th (one of three the Habs had that year) in a very tough draft to evaluate due to the pandemic. His development was stalled numerous times because of injuries. He was a toolsy Timmins pick. There were a lot of those types of guys who didn't pan out picked all over the draft by Timmins. He was ok at UMD last year. He's got 2 more years of college. I doubt he'll be an NHLer, but I bet he will improve as a college player. No where near as poor a selection for the Habs franchise IMO as the Fischer and Thrower picks, which were legit valuable picks and were very poor choices.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think David Fischer and Dalton Thrower were pretty easily significantly worse picks. I'd also add Connor Crisp as well.

Thrower was terrible immediately after being drafted, and the Habs compounded their terrible draft choice by giving him an ELC which took up contract space. Fischer obviously is slightly worse than Claude Giroux...

At least Connor Crisp was only a 3rd, and maybe could have been tough. But also a worse use of draft capital, IMO.

Smith was a mid-4th (one of three the Habs had that year) in a very tough draft to evaluate due to the pandemic. His development was stalled numerous times because of injuries. He was a toolsy Timmins pick. There were a lot of those types of guys who didn't pan out picked all over the draft by Timmins. He was ok at UMD last year. He's got 2 more years of college. I doubt he'll be an NHLer, but I bet he will improve as a college player. No where near as poor a selection for the Habs franchise IMO as the Fischer and Thrower picks, which were legit valuable picks and were very poor choices.

People loved the Thrower pick. He just got injured to oblivion.

Crisp and Smith were always puzzling picks that were proved as such.

Imagine defending Smith as a better pick than Thrower.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
finish-it-green-goblin.gif

Reactions: Big Lurk

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Ad

Upcoming events