• Sean Farrell

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Filip Eriksson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Adam Engstrom, and the current leader of the poll Kapanen, and Jacob Fowler. I had Owen Beck higher too.
Both Engstrom and Kapanen have couple pro seasons under their belt and they are not even year older than Xhekaj. I also see higher ceiling in both cases top 4D / 3C than Xhekaj.

Reactions: Redux91

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Both Engstrom and Kapanen have couple pro seasons under their belt and they are not even year older than Xhekaj. I also see higher ceiling in both cases top 4D / 3C than Xhekaj.
I agree that Engstrom and maybe Kapanen have the potential to play higher up the line-up, but I think a little bit about what's more valuable in the NHL. I think many teams have a prospect of the profile of Kapanen, and while I'm a little higher on Engstrom, I think his archetype is also often easy to acquire.

Think about the archetype/role F. Xhekaj could fill. The bottom-6 player with some size, skill, and heart. In Florian's case he also has the nastiness and the potential to be a centerman too. Almost every cup winner in the last few years has spent quality assets to acquire a player with some or all of those attributes. Florian potentially having all of them makes him pretty special. Some examples of players with some of those attributes acquired on recent cup winners:

- Eetu Luostrainen: (6'3 190 lbs center 8 pts in 24 games, #9 overall in the last playoffs in hits). Acquired as part of Trochek trade.
- Steven Lorentz (6'4, 216 lbs checking forward). Acquired for Anthony Duclair
- Ivan Barbashev (6'0 200lbs, 2nd most hits on VGK in their playoff run and surprise offense). Acquired for one of VGK's top prospects Zachary Dean
- Nicolas Roy (6'4 202 lbs 11pts in 22 games, 50% on faceoffs). Acquired for Erik Haula.
- William Carrier (6'2 220 lbs, #5 in hits VGK during their playoff run). Picked in the expansion draft over players like Bogosian, Ullmark, Kulikov who were still young and better established players).
- Arturri Lehkonen (you know the story here, not the size but definitely the heart, traded for one of Colorado's top prospects and a 2nd)
- Blake Coleman (13 in 25 and 11 in 23, not as much size but heart. Lead Tampa Bay in hits in 21 cup run. Traded for a top prospect and a 1st round pick).
- Barclay Goodrow (6'2 215, #2 in hits for tampa, traded for a first round pick)
- etc. etc.

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
I'm not sure why we are so low on Bogdan. He's was made captain of his KHL team at 20 years old, had almost three times the points of his great teammate Anton Silayev, which was just drafted 10th overall...

Yes, we don't know much about the timeframe on him coming to MTL, but on any other front, he's an insane prospect

Reactions: overlords

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm not sure why we are so low on Bogdan. He's was made captain of his KHL team at 20 years old, had almost three times the points of his great teammate Anton Silayev, which was just drafted 10th overall...

Yes, we don't know much about the timeframe on him coming to MTL, but on any other front, he's an insane prospect

I keep seeing comments like this - I don't think people are low on these guys, they are just higher on other guys. Our prospect pool is insanely deep.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville

Few people have seen him play. The only thing I've heard about him is Larionov's praise. Good, obviously, but how many coaches have said great things about their players?

If he came here for a training camp, he would be the one I would watch the most. But will he ever come here? I guess we'll have a better idea in a year? Do you know when his Khl contract ends?

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
Oliver Kapanen it is. I believe he has the next most upside. Another center.
My next would be Florian Xhekaj. Like I said before, Mesar - not a fan.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Few people have seen him play. The only thing I've heard about him is Larionov's praise. Good, obviously, but how many coaches have said great things about their players?

If he came here for a training camp, he would be the one I would watch the most. But will he ever come here? I guess we'll have a better idea in a year? Do you know when his Khl contract ends?
He has 2 more years left, so it expires after the 25/26 season

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

I have Bogdan 10th and argued between him and Engstrom at 9.

Reactions: overlords

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Think about the archetype/role F. Xhekaj could fill. The bottom-6 player with some size, skill, and heart. In Florian's case he also has the nastiness and the potential to be a centerman too. Almost every cup winner in the last few years has spent quality assets to acquire a player with some or all of those attributes. Florian potentially having all of them makes him pretty special. Some examples of players with some of those attributes acquired on recent cup winners:
We all appreciate the X factor of our unicorn. 😉

• Love
Reactions: badfish

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Oof I didn't even see Konyshkov was still up for grab. Tempted to change my vote here. FloJack is pretty special as a player so I like his upside but Bogdan is the real deal. Crazy that it's legitimate he's not a top 10 prospect for us, he'd be a strong top 5 on a lot of teams.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I get that, but outside the top 10 even with all the graduates!!
Still think he's now very underrated. Also that tells how deep is our prospect pool

What? No top 10 and only one top 15 from last year graduated.

He's basically at the same spot as last year with Hage and Demidov pushing everyone back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad