HF Flyers Yahoo Keeper leagues, Seasons 9&4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Hi all,

I have renewed our two keeper leagues for their ninth and fourth season respectively (and my seventh/fourth as commissioner). Everyone has auto-renewed, but everyone needs to respond here so that we can ensure every team has an active manager and replace them if not. The deadline for returning teams to respond is September 13th, 11:59 pm. The teams from last season are as follows:

Team nameUser nameStatus
Orange CrushPitReturning
Bamberg Badger Hounds@SombastateReturning
Rat Brassards@flyerslducksReturning
BI Cougars@volnoirNew
Insulin@InsulinReturning
No Hellebuyck Girl@denominatorReturning
SnS Last Place@SnSReturning
Sambeek Storm@DutchDennisReturning
North Kariya Missile@CanadianSniperReturning
Tung Padevat@saophim
Chuck Downie@Chuck DownieReturning
Michkov Cocktail@BackToTheBrierePatchReturning

Flyers 2: Electric Boogaloo
Team nameUser nameStatus
Pit CrewpitReturning
Tucson69@FLYguy3911If needed
Adeptus Mechanicus@MkollReturning
The Meat@Beef InvictusReturning
The Grapes of Rathje@ponder719If needed
Quebec Lapins@Captain Dave PoulinReturning
J&J's Wrecking Crew@Cody WebsterReturning
Insulin@InsulinReturning
Que Rico@saophim
5th Most Improved@DancingPantherReturning

If anyone new wants to get on the wait list, please chime in.
Wait list (for replacement)
trostol
Breeze 44

Removed
There are 20 keepers and the full roster is 30. Drafts and keeper deadlines are set:
Flyers: Draft Sept 29 9:30 pm, keepers by Tues Sept 24
Flyers 2: Draft Sept 27 9:30 pm, keepers by Sunday Sept 22

If you have any questions, please let me know. Looking forward to another good season.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I continue to be annoyed at myself for committing to this, and then losing steam and not remembering to check my lineup about a third of the way through the season. If everyone on the wait list gets a team through other means, I'll be happy to stay in; otherwise, I feel like I should step back and give one of our wait listers a shot. Please put me down as If Needed.

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
Hi all,

I have renewed our two keeper leagues for their ninth and fourth season respectively (and my seventh/fourth as commissioner). Everyone has auto-renewed, but everyone needs to respond here so that we can ensure every team has an active manager and replace them if not. The deadline for returning teams to respond is September 13th, 11:59 pm. The teams from last season are as follows:

Team nameUser nameStatus
Orange CrushPitReturning
Bamberg Badger Hounds@SombastateReturning
Rat Brassards@flyerslducksReturning
BI Cougars@volnoirNew
Insulin@InsulinReturning
No Hellebuyck Girl@denominatorReturning
SnS Last Place@SnSReturning
Sambeek Storm@DutchDennisReturning
North Kariya Missile@CanadianSniperReturning
Tung Padevat@saophim
Chuck Downie@Chuck DownieReturning
Michkov Cocktail@BackToTheBrierePatchReturning

Flyers 2: Electric Boogaloo
Team nameUser nameStatus
Pit CrewpitReturning
Tucson69@FLYguy3911If needed
Adeptus Mechanicus@MkollReturning
The Meat@Beef InvictusReturning
The Grapes of Rathje@ponder719If needed
Quebec Lapins@Captain Dave PoulinReturning
J&J's Wrecking Crew@Cody WebsterReturning
Insulin@InsulinReturning
Que Rico@saophim
5th Most Improved@DancingPantherReturning

If anyone new wants to get on the wait list, please chime in.
Wait list (for replacement)
trostol

Removed
There are 20 keepers and the full roster is 30. Drafts and keeper deadlines are set:
Flyers: Draft Sept 29 9:30 pm, keepers by Tues Sept 24
Flyers 2: Draft Sept 27 9:30 pm, keepers by Sunday Sept 22

If you have any questions, please let me know. Looking forward to another good season.
I'd like to join...if anyone drops, thanks

Reactions: pit

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Only my second season in the league, so hopefully this doesn't come off like a dick, but why so many keepers? Doesn't seem like it gives you a good chance to improve your team year after year if everyone is always keeping the top guys. Not trying to be a dick, just curious

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
Saint John, NB, Canada
Only my second season in the league, so hopefully this doesn't come off like a dick, but why so many keepers? Doesn't seem like it gives you a good chance to improve your team year after year if everyone is always keeping the top guys. Not trying to be a dick, just curious
the very original league, way before it was on yahoo, was supposed to be a hybrid dynasty/fantasy league. The first commish wanted all keepers, but we compromised by only having 20.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The league is very top heavy no doubt. My main thing is finding goaltending. Best available are always bottom of the league starters when the draft comes around. It’s hard to win if you don’t have the goaltending. I like this league don’t get me wrong, I just find some things a little frustrating

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The league is very top heavy no doubt. My main thing is finding goaltending. Best available are always bottom of the league starters when the draft comes around. It’s hard to win if you don’t have the goaltending. I like this league don’t get me wrong, I just find some things a little frustrating

Yeah, that was one of my problems as well, my goalies were ass and that makes it tough.

the very original league, way before it was on yahoo, was supposed to be a hybrid dynasty/fantasy league. The first commish wanted all keepers, but we compromised by only having 20.

That makes sense. Was just curious, don't want to ruffle feathers

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
If goaltenders are the primary issue with the keepers, we could always cap the number of tender keepers in one (or both) leagues for next season. I would want us to decide in advance so that people could make trades accordingly.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
If goaltenders are the primary issue with the keepers, we could always cap the number of tender keepers in one (or both) leagues for next season. I would want us to decide in advance so that people could make trades accordingly.
For next year, maybe only one keeper can be a goalie? That way that leaves at least one starter available for other teams

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
For next year, maybe only one keeper can be a goalie? That way that leaves at least one starter available for other teams

If we did this, I'd be inclined to try starting it at two for two reasons.
1. With the increased amount of tandems in the league, you could actually end up with no solid team starter if someone else nabs the other half of your tandem and that goalie takes over. You could feasibly hold both goalies from the NHL team with two.
2. It prevents having goalie prospects as keepers (ie If you picked up Askarov previously, there's no way to hold him unless you're basically punting on the season.

If we find this fails badly we could look to later reduce to one.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I would vote to have no more than 3 goalies per team. Obviously that’s not with IR slots factored in. Also leave one starting spot open instead of 2. Lower the minimum starts to 2 or 3.
Right now I have one starter. The others are waiver fodder at best. I cannot compete in this league under those circumstances

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I would vote to have no more than 3 goalies per team. Obviously that’s not with IR slots factored in. Also leave one starting spot open instead of 2. Lower the minimum starts to 2 or 3.
Right now I have one starter. The others are waiver fodder at best. I cannot compete in this league under those circumstances
Minimum goalie appearances are already at three.

Yahoo doesn't work that way regarding roster unfortunately. You can't cap the number of a certain position on the bench. That's why I'm suggesting capping keepers so there are more goalies available to draft at the start of each season.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Minimum goalie appearances are already at three.

Yahoo doesn't work that way regarding roster unfortunately. You can't cap the number of a certain position on the bench. That's why I'm suggesting capping keepers so there are more goalies available to draft at the start of each season.
For some reason I thought it was 5. I meant that each night we have one slot open for a goalie start instead of 2 slots like we have now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad