Post-Game Talk (GBU): Hey Sabres... You Suck #5

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
I don't think there is any reason to take this Reinhart talk seriously - it should be pretty obvious to everyone that he has been as bad as the about 90-95 % of the team...

That being said, Reinhart's icetime has been pretty much as it should have been.

As a center his icetime naturally was below ROR and Eichel (because those two - even the other being clearly worse than usually - are the superiour centers), and it wasn't that much lower in absolute terms. It's just not possible to give tons of icetime to a player and at the same time ensure easy match-ups and beneficial zone-starts. And Reinhart has done pretty much nothing to earn more icetime (this also applies to a lot of players on our team, though).

As a winger he should get more icetime than for example Moulson. But I also think that he needs to be put in a position where he isn't depended on the best players of the team. If he's not able to step up without that element, he's basically nothing more than Girgensons as a caliber of player - and I think we all expect him to be a lot more.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Maybe Sam needs Jack? No one produces that isn't on Jacks line...

Where he was picked at the draft three years ago doesn't really matter now. Not like any of the top three from that draft looks like great players.

Why breakup a good line just to give Sam's statsline a pat on the back. Put Sam with ROR or something. Sam is not the winger Jack needs although at least if nothing else he looks a bit quicker out there compared to last season. Girgs and Pomers are ideal there. Let our 2nd OV pick sort it out himself in his draft+4 season maybe?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Why breakup a good line just to give Sam's statsline a pat on the back. Put Sam with ROR or something. Sam is not the winger Jack needs although at least if nothing else he looks a bit quicker out there compared to last season. Girgs and Pomers are ideal there. Let our 2nd OV pick sort it out himself in his draft+4 season maybe?
Sam with ROR on the wing is something I'd really like to see.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Why are you drawing conclusions from 5 games and not 2 full seasons?
Cause the 2 season before he was not any better. He may have put some points up but he was not playing much better than he is now. He gets the icetime he deserves according to our coaches and I doubt they give him much more until he puts up something more than good corsi stats. They may put him with ROR next game which should increase it anyway.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Sam with ROR on the wing is something I'd really like to see.
It may even be Sam at Center at this point. They have been both useless so moving ROR to wing is not a terrible idea if Sam is his center. Dunno what will work frankly. I just think our players are not good enough at this point.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Cause the 2 season before he was not any better. He may have put some points up but he was not playing much better than he is now. He gets the icetime he deserves according to our coaches and I doubt they give him much more until he puts up something more than good corsi stats. They may put him with ROR next game which should increase it anyway.

Wow
So when he put up points last year, he wasn’t playing any better than he is now.... but now, to play better... he needs to put up points

Only you....

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I don't think there is any reason to take this Reinhart talk seriously - it should be pretty obvious to everyone that he has been as bad as the about 90-95 % of the team...

That being said, Reinhart's icetime has been pretty much as it should have been.

As a center his icetime naturally was below ROR and Eichel (because those two - even the other being clearly worse than usually - are the superiour centers), and it wasn't that much lower in absolute terms. It's just not possible to give tons of icetime to a player and at the same time ensure easy match-ups and beneficial zone-starts. And Reinhart has done pretty much nothing to earn more icetime (this also applies to a lot of players on our team, though).

As a winger he should get more icetime than for example Moulson. But I also think that he needs to be put in a position where he isn't depended on the best players of the team. If he's not able to step up without that element, he's basically nothing more than Girgensons as a caliber of player - and I think we all expect him to be a lot more.
This is a good team with Reinhart on the ice and tank-worthy without him. He should be getting the most 5on5 minutes of ALL our forwards, centers, wingers, don't care. People are way off on what the issue with this team is. It's not the lack of secondary scoring - ROR, Reinhart, Okposo won't keep shooting 0% because that's obviously stupid. Thing is, Eichel won't sustain this level of scoring either. More players scoring won't help if the team as a whole keeps playing like it has. If the team doesn't start playing better, more production won't make any difference.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Wow
So when he put up points last year, he wasn’t playing any better than he is now.... but now, to play better... he needs to put up points

Only you....
Apparently "playing well" and "producing" are one and the same...

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Wow

Only you....
Putting up points doesnt mean he's playing well. He didnt play too well last year. His level is not any better this season and it's rvem worse that theres no points om the board from him either.

Only me my ass. Keep supporting mediocracy, then wonder why we suck...Sam must be much better than what he is now and if you question that then you really seem to want us to suck on purpose for whatever reason.
Apparently "playing well" and "producing" are one and the same...
He does neither so whats your point?

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Reinhart is literally the only player on this team who doesn't need to be "much better." It's just a numbers game with him.

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
This is a good team with Reinhart on the ice and tank-worthy without him. He should be getting the most 5on5 minutes of ALL our forwards, centers, wingers, don't care. People are way off on what the issue with this team is. It's not the lack of secondary scoring - ROR, Reinhart, Okposo won't keep shooting 0% because that's obviously stupid. Thing is, Eichel won't sustain this level of scoring either. More players scoring won't help if the team as a whole keeps playing like it has. If the team doesn't start playing better, more production won't make any difference.

I have been on several boards for years, and that time includes a lot of stupid agendas being driven etc... And I have never seriously considered blocking/ignoring anyone with a designed tool by the platform.

But if you keep posting that kind of nonsense with that kind of volume, I might actually do that.

I suggest you to calm down a bit and get a grip even when this sounds quite attacking and hostile. It's just getting really annoying.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Sabres: 7 ES goals
Jack Eichel: 6 ES primary points

Any talk about Reinhart being the best ES forward is just not close to being true. Jack just went head to head against Kopitar last night and came out on top. The team without him probably has a single even strength goal.

Shot stats can be misleading. For example Sam directs a lot of harmless shots towards goal that don't seem to be troubling the goalie. Another poster mentioned that he's probably scored less than 5 goals in his career from clean shots that beat the goalie. This is probably right.

With that said Reinhart has not been as bad as people say. He doesn't have the offensive talent to get this team to score by himself, but he looks a lot better carrying the puck this year and looks faster. He hasn't played with much talent this year.

But Eichel right now IS the team. Give him the C and be done with it.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I went to bed after 2. first period, they looked pretty good. second period, not so much. glad I didn't stay awake for the third.
I hate...hate watching Lehner in goal. I'm not going to even go watch the "highlights", so I don't know what happened on the Doughty GWG, but he was fighting the puck in the first two periods. If someone tells me this is how a "settled" Lehner plays, I'm going to have to be tranquilized when I watch these games. He f***ing drives me crazy with his positioning and rebound control.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
I went to bed after 2. first period, they looked pretty good. second period, not so much. glad I didn't stay awake for the third.
I hate...hate watching Lehner in goal. I'm not going to even go watch the "highlights", so I don't know what happened on the Doughty GWG, but he was fighting the puck in the first two periods. If someone tells me this is how a "settled" Lehner plays, I'm going to have to be tranquilized when I watch these games. He ****ing drives me crazy with his positioning and rebound control.

He has no rebound control and the GWG beat him clean with no screen.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Sabres have 7 5v5 goals this season.

Every last one is Eichel's line.

0 from the defense
0 from OReilly-Okposo
0 from Reinhart

get it together *******s

That's a joke...We might need some major trades to shake this team up..Major as in no one is untouchable except for maybe Jack

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
He has no rebound control and the GWG beat him clean with no screen.
No, no, Lehner categorically said "the puck died on me" i.e "I let in a softie and don't even bother criticising me cause I do the criticisms around here". Whenyou've run out of teammates to blame, balme the puck's movements. Yes, he did some good work prior, but that becomes meaningless when you let the puck going essentially through your body like on that one...

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Reinhart is literally the only player on this team who doesn't need to be "much better." It's just a numbers game with him.

He’s really not as good as you want to believe...I really wish he were though!

Last edited:

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I wish every GBU stopped becoming a Reinhart thread.

@Aladyyn. Please stop. You make it worse.

@ everyone taking shots at 23. Did you watch the game? He wasn't great but he played well. And about scoring: guess what? NO ONE ELSE IS SCORING EITHER. It's not just Reinhart. 4 players on the entire roster are scoring.

We should be talking about the team as a whole. But agendas gunna agenda.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad