Proposal: Hertl to COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I think the condition on the extra pick should be if the Avs win the cup OR Hertl resigns with the Avs. IN which case it should be another first or a second.

The latter condition is not possible anymore.

If the Avalanche makes the conference final it goes to a 2nd, if they win it becomes another first.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I'd certainly do it. I think Hertl eventually re-signs in San Jose but if he doesn't and they move him I would be all over that from the Avs. He's a phenomenal fit here and a great replacement to Kadri.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Before the season Hertl talked about being willing to take less to play on a contender and specifically brought up Landeskog as an example. I'll bet the Avs could sign him for 7Mx8 if they wanted to.

I bet they want to :nod:

Do you have a link to the article/video where he said that about Landeskog?

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I bet they want to :nod:

Do you have a link to the article/video where he said that about Landeskog?

The interview is in Czech but Google Translate should work: Chci hrát tam, kde se vítězí. Hertl o NHL, stěhování i fotbalovém fandění - iDNES.cz

Relevant excerpt:

iDNES.cz: I take it that you’d prefer team success to a lucrative contract?

TH: I’m born to win. A team may offer you a fantastic contract, but you feel you wouldn’t win anything with them. Elsewhere you could earn less but win more.

Look at Landeskog. He wanted to stay in Colorado where he saw his future. He took less money compared to what he could’ve gotten elsewhere.

Boston is also built in a smart way with Bergeron, Marchand, or Pasta earning a relative little.

But look at Toronto where everyone is loaded, but they always crash out early in the playoffs. I remember how it went with Joe Thornton here [in San Jose].

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The interview is in Czech but Google Translate should work: Chci hrát tam, kde se vítězí. Hertl o NHL, stěhování i fotbalovém fandění - iDNES.cz

Relevant excerpt:

Thanks. Now I want Sakic to push even more to get him. :)

Landeskog --- Mackinnon -- Rantanen
Nichuskin ------- Hertl ----- Newhook

Toews -- Makar
Byram -- Girard/Manson

That's a top 6/4 that can do a lot of damage for several years. The price to get Hertl would probably gut the Avs asset and prospect pool though so Sakic would need to be shrewd in how he'd fill out the rest of the lineup.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Several writers in the last few days have said Hertl is going to resign in San Jose.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
This is essentially what I'd be willing to give up Giroux, so yeah obviously I'd give it up for Hertl. I just wanted the Avs to keep at least one of Barron/Helleson/Behrens.

The difference between Giroux and Hertl for the Avs is you immediately work on extending him. The Avs have to rebuild their entire second line this summer and Hertl would be a great starting point.

But like others have said, I'd be surprised if Hertl and SJ don't make it work.

Reactions: Richard88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad