Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
Bruh.... Huntington to Pittsburgh... He better play in the NHL cause the jersey is gonna be the only good thing to come outta this for me personally

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Wonder if Washington offered Huntington a contract. I can't imagine his opportunity would be that much greater in Pitt than DC (granted he's probably no more than a callup anywhere)?

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Damn, hopefully they can sign someone. I know Sgarbossa, Vecs, Ness, and McIlrath are all veterans. Priskie thankfully misses the exempt vet cutoff so this should be his last year without vet status which made that resigning a bigger deal. They only have room for one more veteran player at this point, unless I completely missed someone. Limoges received a qualifying offer but he is also a non vet

Also it looks like Coachella Valley had their roster completely gutted today. You hate to see it 😂

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Damn, hopefully they can sign someone. I know Sgarbossa, Vecs, Ness, and McIlrath are all veterans. Priskie thankfully misses the exempt vet cutoff so this should be his last year without vet status which made that resigning a bigger deal. They only have room for one more veteran player at this point, unless I completely missed someone. Limoges received a qualifying offer but he is also a non vet

Also it looks like Coachella Valley had their roster completely gutted today. You hate to see it 😂
I'd be lying if I said I knew who all was a free agent in the AHL this year. Tufte was another big center I liked the idea of targeting but he signed with Boston.

Not directed at you, but just in general I can't say I'm too worried. A lot of Hershey's moves have been pretty lowkey recently. Dube and Huntington were good targets but I doubt anyone had them at the top of their wishlist. Priskie was coming off a down year. The Roe signing completely baffled all of us and turned out to be a great pickup. Phillips was probably who we were all most excited for and he turned out to be a huge bust, lol. And I think of all the guys last year, Dube was the only one signed on day 1. I'm sure they'll pull some names I would've never even thought of.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Alot of interesting moves in Washington today. Other then Lappy I dont see any other bears on the opening night roster. It looks like Sutter, Frank, and Miro will all remain in Hershey and I think a good chance that Ethan Bear sent down to Hershey happens.

Reactions: DWGie26

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
So as of right now Hershey’s lineup for next year, assuming all of the RFAs resign:

Miro-Sgarbossa-Frank
Limoges-X-Dube
Funk/Suzdalev-Rybinski-Vecchione
Hofer-Sutter-Trineyev

Ness-McIlrath
HHA-Iorio
Massie-Priskie

Shepard
Stevenson

2C is the immediate need. Also, some depth signings for SC as immediate call up options. We could also see some bodies added after Development Camp.

Reactions: DWGie26

hb13xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Super random, but does anyone have any idea on what happened with Kody Clark? I know he had that quad surgery and had a lot of rehab to do afterwards. He hasn’t played since having that surgery so I’m assuming he retired?

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
So as of right now Hershey’s lineup for next year, assuming all of the RFAs resign:

Miro-Sgarbossa-Frank
Limoges-X-Dube
Funk/Suzdalev-Rybinski-Vecchione
Hofer-Sutter-Trineyev

Ness-McIlrath
HHA-Iorio
Massie-Priskie

Shepard
Stevenson

2C is the immediate need. Also, some depth signings for SC as immediate call up options. We could also see some bodies added after Development Camp.
I like this. I think Vecchione might be 2C depending on who signs. I’ll like to see a third line of Sudz-Rybinski-Trineyev.

I think we’ll see similar to next year in that it will feel like we have too many guys rostered to start the year. for now assuming Frank, Sutter, and Miro are all with Hershey to start season:

Miro-Sgarbosa-Frank
Limoges-Vecchione-Dube
Suzdalev-Rybinski-Trineyev
Strome-Sutter-Funk
Hyland-Thomas

I do think we need another center but that will push a youngster to 13F. I would like to see most of those guys play so hopefully the adds will be AHL-ECHL tweezers. But Bears also have to plan for some callups which could leave some holes.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Kinda bummed, but not surprised, that Snively is finding an opportunity elsewhere. There's not much in terms of offensive-minded call-ups for Washington from Hershey next year, pretty much just Miro followed by Dube. Maybe Funk if he takes a big step forward. But without any real chance of NHL advancement for Snively, it makes sense for him to find a gig elsewhere. I'm also somewhat surprised he didn't go to a Euro league, although his USHL (not NTDP) > NCAA > AHL path has left him playing exclusively North American hockey (not even any international tournaments) so far, so perhaps he didn't want such a large cultural jump.

Good luck with the Wings, Snives.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Kinda bummed, but not surprised, that Snively is finding an opportunity elsewhere. There's not much in terms of offensive-minded call-ups for Washington from Hershey next year, pretty much just Miro followed by Dube. Maybe Funk if he takes a big step forward. But without any real chance of NHL advancement for Snively, it makes sense for him to find a gig elsewhere. I'm also somewhat surprised he didn't go to a Euro league, although his USHL (not NTDP) > NCAA > AHL path has left him playing exclusively North American hockey (not even any international tournaments) so far, so perhaps he didn't want such a large cultural jump.

Good luck with the Wings, Snives.
The hockey path is a grind and a game of opportunities. That said, Snively (whom I love given my connection to Little Caps) just couldn’t find a path here. I think he had opportunities but just couldn’t get there. Same as AJF, Leason, etc. There will be more to come as well.

It’s why being partners with the Bears is so fruitful (to both sides). They have won 13 championships with 2 sets of b2b with Caps. They get good talent. Talent pushes talent. And only the best make it to the caps. Others can find another path. This is what i was talking about in a previous post where pathing players is good for the culture and brand.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad