Heritage Jersey

Milan the God*

From an email from the Senators:

Senators to introduce NHL Heritage Classic Jersey on Thursday, Nov. 28
Jersey to be worn in 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic on March 2 in Vancouver

The Ottawa Senators (@Senators) announced today that the team will officially unveil its NHL Heritage Classic jersey on Thursday, Nov 28.

The jersey will be worn when the Senators take on the Vancouver Canucks in the 2014 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classicâ„¢, which will take place on Sunday, March 2, at BC Place in Vancouver. The game will mark the first National Hockey League game to held in a retractable-roof facility and will be just the third time an NHL regular-season game will take place outdoors in Canada, following the games in Edmonton in 2003 and Calgary in 2011.

The Heritage Classic game is a tribute to the 1915 Stanley Cup match where the Vancouver Millionaires (PCHA) faced the Ottawa Senators (NHA). This would be the first time that the champions from both professional leagues (east and west) would face off for the Stanley Cup.

The Ottawa Senators NHL Heritage Classic Jersey can be pre-ordered now at OttawaTeamShop.ca in one of three Hall Of Fame – Heritage packages:

Frank Finnigan Package - $129.99 (Value of $165):

Ottawa Senators NHL Heritage Classic Jersey,
limited edition Heritage Classic photo of Jason Spezza and Erik Karlsson
and two tickets to the Binghamton Senators game versus the Hamilton Bulldogs at Canadian Tire Centre on Feb. 8.
Clint Benedict Package - $149.99 (Value of $205):

Ottawa Senators heritage toque and scarf,
limited edition Heritage Classic photo of Jason Spezza and Erik Karlsson
and two tickets to Sens Skills, which will be held at Canadian Tire Centre on March 12.
Frank Nighbor Package - $169.99 (Value of $245):

Senators heritage toque and scarf,
limited edition NHL Heritage Classic photo of Jason Spezza and Erik Karlsson
and two tickets to a pre-selected Ottawa Senators 2013-14 home game.
In anticipation of the official unveiling of the jersey, the Senators will be showcasing photo and video teasers for fans via their website (ottawasenators.com), Twitter page (@Senators), Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ottawasenators) and Instagram page (instagram.com/NHLSenators).

Following the official introduction of the NHL Heritage Classic jersey on Nov. 28, the packages will be initially available exclusively at OttawaTeamShop.ca and Sens Store locations at Canadian Tire Centre, Carlingwood Shopping Centre, Place d’Orleans Shopping Centre and Rideau Shopping Centre.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Ugh. Was really hoping to have some money to buy Christmas gifts.

Oh well, wearing my white Heritage Authentic around town should be gift enough to others.

Milan the God*

If I KNEW he was going to stay past next season, I would definitely go with Ryan.

Yeah..I'm gonna get a blank and if Ryan re-signs then I'll get his name on the back.

Although I'm sure people did that with Heatley :laugh:

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
That photo doesn't show the colour of the actual jersey though, the white in the photo is part of the patch.

Huh? The white background is the jersey. If you look closely you can see the threads. Also, the TV ad finishes with the logo on a white background.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Huh? The white background is the jersey. If you look closely you can see the threads. Also, the TV ad finishes with the logo on a white background.

The white background is part of the patch.

heritage-classic-2014-nhl-patch-no-shipping-charge-5.gif

As for the white threads, my 2004 heritage white all-star game jersey also had a shoulder patch sewn on with white thread.

I am not saying that the jersey will be heritage white but you can't confirm that the jersey will in fact be pure white.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
The white background is part of the patch.

heritage-classic-2014-nhl-patch-no-shipping-charge-5.gif

As for the white threads, my 2004 heritage white all-star game jersey also had a shoulder patch sewn on with white thread.

I am not saying that the jersey will be heritage white but you can't confirm that the jersey will in fact be pure white.

Oh snap. Nonetheless it would look pretty awful having the white edges around the heritage white logo, on a heritage white jersey. So best guess is that its pure white.

But yes, nothing for certain.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
as weird as they are, i wouldnt mind seeing those exact jerseys. (i guess in a more modern way).
if the canucks are going as the millionaires, i wouldnt mind if the sens pay tribute to the real senators either.

in fact, i just love jerseys... so gimme something different than a white version of jerks stores...

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
How many players were on a team back then?

Seven. The seventh player was called a "Rover." The NHA (which became the NHL) got rid of that position before the PCHA got rid of it. The PCHA (Pacific Coast Hockey Association) was the league that the Vancouver Millionaires played in. Ottawa obviously playing in the NHA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad