Pre-Game Talk: Here We Go Again | Leafs @ Bruins Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Would it mean more for the Leafs to win Game 7 in Boston, than it did to simply win a series like they did last season?

...and to add to that, if the Leafs lose to FLA in 5 again... same question as above?

Regardless, I hope to hell they find a way to get it done!
Well we knocked out the 3 time in a row Eastern Conference champs with 2 cups in there, so it meant more than people around here let on. This series would be huge for Leafs Nation morale after that "over in 5" non sense and losing our two superstars for important games under mysterious circumstances. A win tomorrow would be absolutely huge IMO regardless of how the next round goes.

HaveKnifeWillButcher

Apr 23, 2018
Jarnkrok shouldn't be on that second PP unit. There was an instance in the first period where he got the puck at the right point. He had two great passing choices with Robertson coming off the boards wide open with a clear lane for a pass and Knies open in front of the net with a clear lane for a pass and he decides to pass it to Bertuzzi with no clear lane for a pass. Just a complete lack of vision.

Reactions: Leafidelity

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
Need another exceptional Woll performance to go along with our stingy defence and a singular power play goal.

Hopefully the offence comes alive in the last game.

Reactions: PromisedLand

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Marek saying he's hearing Wes McCauley might get the call for this game

insanity
Boston: "Gary! Gary! The Leafs pushed it to game 7!"
Bettman: "JFC you incompetent organization! After those Kadri suspensions in prior years, the bad officiating, etc etc. Hell, even giving the Leafs powerplays this year to continue their PP woes and they go what? 1/17? AND YOU CAN'T CAPITALIZE?! How can you not beat this organization easily by now?!"
Boston: "Gary, I know. But they're.... playing different. They're playing old school blue collar hockey!".
Bettman: "Old school you say.... I think it's time to call in "him".
Boston: *gasp?! No...No Gary... you can't mean "HIM".
Bettman: I do. The Leaf's playoff struggles MUST continue. So many people with low self esteem and emotional trauma spend what little money they have on this loser franchise. Think about the state of the NHL if they actually win something?"
Boston: "I mean... sounds like it would be good for the NH-"
Bettman: "NO! This is an all American sport. It's MY sport. I can't leave this up to chance no longer. Last year was a fluke".
Boston: "Surely there is something else we can do. We can't keep paying this mercenary "officiating" group each year god dammit. I have shareholders to please. Think about the shareholders Gary!".
Bettman: "Not my problem. I am calling in our Angel of Death. The League's "Fixer". I am calling in... Wes McCauley".

Last edited:

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Might be an unpopular opinion, but:
  1. The Leafs have had a very good whistle throughout this series.
  2. The PP sucks, so screw the lack of opportunities.
Some are worried about pp I am not means less time Boston can shoot at the net. Kills some time yes and so can regroup for 5-5 or if leafs take a penalty their pk group is refreshed. Is it frustrating yes but its not winning them games right now. My main concern is don't screen Woll and box them out.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Can someone find that Wes Mcauley stat?

If he’s indeed reffing the game everything needs to be questioned.
0-9 in the playoffs

Just have to win... that is all.. do it well enough to take the refs out of the equation.
We'll need to bring the same effort as the last 2 games, start on time and play a complete 60 minutes. Getting the 1st goal will be huge, dictate the play of the game after that. Play disciplined, don't give them a reason to call some BS.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
welp, i didnt expect us to be here in game 7, nor do i expect a win given all i have seen, but proud of this team the last 2 games and hope they prove the doubters wrong(like me).

i will say this for the 1st time in a few years. go leafs go!!!!

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Keefe should use the McCauley assignment as motivation: "See, even the NHL wants us to lose."

Nothing like a little Us vs. the Universe attitude + a very hostile rink to bring out the best in a team. At least it worked for the Indians in "Major League".

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'd like to believe that momentum means a lot because it should very much be on our side at this point. We'll find out tomorrow night!

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
So the fix is in then…
Seems about right they wait for game 7 to play that card for the result they want

This fanbase can't start all this nonsense again with the referees. Whether they win or lose in Game 7, it has nothing to do with the officials.

Literally last game, shortly before the first Leaf goal was scored, a Bruins player that never had the puck got plastered head first into the glass in the corner without a call. It led to a scoring chance for Robertson. It's playoff hockey, things happen, but if that had been the Bruins scoring and a Leaf player taking that hit, this place would have been filled with conspiracy theories and and baseless accusations.

This is a Canadian, Original Six market. This fanbase is way too good and way too smart to making ridiculous excuses about the referees. This market is way better than that.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
People are over-thinking this because of the emotion involved. Coming back to beat Boston is meaningless if they lose to Florida. Winning a first round series means literally nothing. Forget this team's past. Think like any reasonable third party in any professional sport. No one should care about winning one round in a 4 round tournament. I want to see how they do against Florida. Beat Florida and then we can have a discussion.
It would likely be considered the biggest Leaf win in the salary cap era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad