Prospect Info: Henrik Borgstrom

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I liked that one because I thought that Joker was overrated(correct) and getting Nylander out of Buffalo would do him wonders because the Sabres are and have been a toxic waste dump. (incorrect)

It would have been interesting to see what Nylander did this year if he didn't get injured in the bubble.

Also, Nylander was 21 at the time of the deal and Borgstrom won't be over until he's 24. That being said, both Kubalik and Suter came over at 24 and did fine.

This is just Horrible:

Kane, Toews, DeBrincat, Strome, Nylander, Hagel, Borgstrom

Who else is worth protecting?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Kane, Toews, DeBrincat, Strome, Nylander, Hagel, Borgstrom

Who else is worth protecting?
Kampf. Working a solid cheap couple year deal to stay as the 4th line center is worth it.

I don't see why of actual player roster options Borgstrom would be a pick for Seattle. Just take Carpenter if you wish. There's far better boom/bust picks out there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Borgstrom was awful in NHL and struggled in AHL last year

He bolted to Europe and has been unremarkable

The soon to be 24 yr old has shown nothing to justify him being viewed as a positive asset going forward

Reactions: Pertti

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Kampf. Working a solid cheap couple year deal to stay as the 4th line center is worth it.

I don't see why of actual player roster options Borgstrom would be a pick for Seattle. Just take Carpenter if you wish. There's far better boom/bust picks out there.
I like Kampf, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep if Seattle takes him.

Plus if one of Murphy or Zadorov has to get exposed, that's who Seattle will draft.

Reactions: Idionym

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I liked that one because I thought that Joker was overrated(correct) and getting Nylander out of Buffalo would do him wonders because the Sabres are and have been a toxic waste dump. (incorrect)

It would have been interesting to see what Nylander did this year if he didn't get injured in the bubble.

Also, Nylander was 21 at the time of the deal and Borgstrom won't be over until he's 24. That being said, both Kubalik and Suter came over at 24 and did fine.

This is just Horrible:

So much can change between then and now. Who knows, maybe Strome is traded. If we lose Borg to Seattle, you can feel free to bitch then.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
he was so good in college and i dont think i have seen him since so im fairly excited to see what he can do.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I don't like the fact that he's expansion eligible. Means we need to move one of the forwards that would otherwise be protected (Strome?), or that we convince Toews to waive under the assumption that Seattle won't wanna pick up a guy who might be done who has a $10.5m cap hit. Neither are great options, but whatever.

We have 7 slots for forwards ... I mean unless you feel really strongly about protecting Kampf.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Really like those Corsi numbers. Him and Reichel are gonna lead future Hawks teams to being favorites of the stat nerds.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Because watching tape on him would do no good from my perspective. Have to wait until he plays at the NHL level to get a good look.

Watching a bad skater vs. worse skaters tells you nothing about a player's skating.
I saw the same thing on a social video the other week of a Jagr highlight goal where he was streaking through center ice and pulled away for a highlight reel goal and someone posted that "he's still got it". my reaction was holy hell, no he doesn't. does anyone remember jagrs twilight years in Florida and calgary? cement shoes compared to NHL talent, but put him in a back drop of third tier pro hockey and he looks like pavel bure

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
wow that is very high praise from bowman. sounds like hes going to get a contract right away, protected, and get some solid playing time next year.

Reactions: Idionym

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Nylander was absolutely gifted an NHL roster spot he neither earned or was fit to occupy on Hawks
Again, nonsense. He played well at times and bad at times, and was healthy scratched when playing bad. Then played well on a 4th line, had 1/3 of his points from 4th line play with Kampf, Highmore, & Carpenter linemates. He was not holding anyone back gifted a spot or not earning playing.

Borgstrom probably will have a go back to europe clause and not at all have any rewarding case made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad