Hejda to Eurolanche: Why we lose games

EurolancheDavid

Why is this season worse than the past?

There were no big changes on the roster.
I think something has changed. New players came here. We had a bad start to this season. The last one was very good. That is the reason why all people believed it would be the same this year. But we lost some games and it didn't work. Maybe we didn't play with our hearts and didn't work hard. We worked really hard last year. Our oponnents underrated us. This current season is a new experience for us. If you are loosing games, it has an influence on your psyche.

You won some straight games too this year. Why you started to win at that time?

Firstly, we need to win more and more games of coure. But it is also about being lucky. For example, take a look at January away game in Chicago. We scored two goals in the first two minutes and then we defended for 58 minutes. For us, a goalie is very important. Varlamov had some light injuries, it wasn't the same like one year ago. Pickard was awesome. We could win games with him in the net. I hope it will get better. It is mainly about your psyche.

What are Patrick Roy's reactions when you lost games?

He is one of the most intelligent coaches in the League and he tries to find different ways for the solution. Lossing games is a new situaiton for him too. It was simple last year as we won many games. Like he says, we had no fear. We had so many points that one lost game did mean nothing. It is different now. When we are leading by one goal, we fear it could end with a loss for us. Patrick tries to be a positive and negative; he is trying to be good and strict too. He has many experiences at the junior coach level, but it is a different with adult players. I think he could do something different at some situations.

What do you think about your future in this organization?

I don't know nothing. I am trying to do the best work what I can do. Unfortunately, it is not good with gaining points. Speaking about the played minutes, it is good. I didn't think I would get so confidence from the coaches. If there are no talks in February, I would ask my agent to start them.

Would you play in some different NHL team, if you didn't stay in Denver?

It is opened to me. I would have no problem to play two more years. But if it didn't happen, it would be ok to me.

Source: http://www.eurolanche.com/article.php?id=5944

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
Great work, once again. When was the interview done? Seems he is open to a move to a new team if it doesn't work out here.

Agreed, great work. He certainly will be a welcome piece somewhere, guy seems like a very professional player. Slowing down won't hurt his game much, as he hasn't been fleet of foot...ever? At least since signing with us, and if I recall he didn't have amazing speed/quickness in Columbus when I watched him there.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Hejda always seems like a very intelligent guy with a firm grasp on why things are the way they are. I bet he'd make a great coach at some level when he retires, more likely back home.

He's very honest in these Eurolanche interviews though, sometimes I wonder if he realizes they are seen in North America.

Great stuff as always, thanks for sharing!

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I agree that he could make a good coach.

Especially because he's not afraid to criticize Patty. He clearly knows more. Haha.

EurolancheDavid

Thank you guys. This interview was did in January during our trip in Colorado, but I was so busy with other related issues that I have no time to publish it, but I think it is very generous interview about this season.

Hejda is very intelligent guy. He knows what he is saying. He loves Denver and Colorado organisation. He does not want to move, but I guess he has some feeling there is a big chance he would be traded soon. And then he would have no problem with playing for other team.

member 116861

Thank you guys. This interview was did in January during our trip in Colorado, but I was so busy with other related issues that I have no time to publish it, but I think it is very generous interview about this season.

Hejda is very intelligent guy. He knows what he is saying. He loves Denver and Colorado organisation. He does not want to move, but I guess he has some feeling there is a big chance he would be traded soon. And then he would have no problem with playing for other team.

If Hejda does get traded, would you guys be able to forward a letter to Hejda from me?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad