Confirmed with Link: Heinen is Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
He fits on all lines basically, outside of maybe Sid's.

You need guys outperforming their contracts to win the Cup. This is that.

I don't care if a prospect gets blocked by someone better. We're trying to win this year.

And for all the people feeling we're missing physicality... that's not why we lose in the playoffs.

We lose in the playoffs because the team is not built for playoff hockey. That is a fact that's been proven for 5 straight years. Crashing and clearing nets, winning board battles, and making it through a series healthy is something we can't do, and is directly related to 'physicality'. I won't even talk about what it would be like if we actually had a guy to make life miserable for an opponents star players.

Lara Emily

Jul 5, 2013
If you are saying our prospect pool is trash and that we don't have a lot to bring up well sure, I think a lot in the media has had us as the worst in that area for a few years. That isn't really news.

But still everyone has resigned except for Erod but you can argue (if he plays wing) Poehling could be his replacement.
Heiden was a massive part of the the small amount of good forward depth.

Reactions: Night Shift

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
f***ing rubbish.

giphy.gif

Hextall already knows Sully won't use youth, so why the f*** even bother.

What a boring f***ing roster with incoming results we already have seen the last 5yrs.

Reactions: Pens x

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yeah I'm starting to think that the "Heinen and Hextall have a handshake agreement on an extension" idea isn't as farfetched as I initially thought. It wouldn't surprise me if Heinen would have taken something like 3 years at $2.5 million a year, and Hextall is instead going to break it down into a 1 year, $1 million deal and a 2 year, $3.25 million deal. When Zucker's money comes off the books, they'll have more than enough space to do that and I don't even think $3.25 million a year for Heinen is even that bad.
$3.25 AAV for Heinen is pretty bad…

Reactions: Zbynek

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
We lose in the playoffs because the team is not built for playoff hockey. That is a fact that's been proven for 5 straight years. Crashing and clearing nets, winning board battles, and making it through a series healthy is something we can't do, and is directly related to 'physicality'. I won't even talk about what it would be like if we actually had a guy to make life miserable for an opponents star players.
Didn’t Heinen score multiple goals in the first round that were either rebounds or tips?

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Great deal. Shocked he didn’t have interest around the league.
Because gms aren't stupid enough to think he was actually good. He had small spurts with top players that did a ton of his heavy lifting. He missed a ton of chances and coasted most of the time, which is why the Bruins and Ducks really didn't care for him.

He's the epitome of boring hockey and the fact that many here are all horned out over keeping him is more sad than anything. It's what most expect as good these days when we should have had more opportunity for players in the bottom 6.

This is f***ing stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: Shady Machine

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Because gms aren't stupid enough to think he was actually good. He had small spurts with top players that did a ton of his heavy lifting. He missed a ton of chances and coasted most of the time, which is why the Bruins and Ducks really didn't care for him.

He's the epitome of boring hockey and the fact that many here are all horned out over keeping him is more sad than anything. It's what most expect as good these days when we should have had more opportunity for players in the bottom 6.

This is f***ing stupid.

He can score and we got him for cheaper than last season.

I’m all for young players getting opportunities but the ones that did last year didn’t show anything worth caring about.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
It's not just physicality. Last year's bottom six was too easy to play against for a good part of the season in a lot of ways. Heinen's not a weakness, but he's not a strength. Do I like him here? Sure. But right now, the make up of the bottom six hasn't improved. Heinen makes it better at doing what it does, but it hasn't added any dimensions to its play.
When the bottom 6 score more, that by definition makes them harder to play against. And how is Heinen easy to play against?
36 takeaways vs 24 giveaways last year. Respectable possession metrics. On the ice for 46GF vs 40 against at ES, often playing with pretty poor linemates.

I would be totally fine with using him on the PK, if you want to add a dimension.

He is a strength at 1 mil. This prevents someone worse from playing and f***ing things up.

Reactions: vodeni

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Didn’t Heinen score multiple goals in the first round that were either rebounds or tips?
1 goal in a 4-3 loss. Then the other two goals in 7-2 and 7-4 wins.

Passenger.

He can score and we got him for cheaper than last season.

I’m all for young players getting opportunities but the ones that did last year didn’t show anything worth caring about.
Because they didn't get insane top 6 usage and flubbed an insane amount of chances.

A bunch of stat watching f***ing muppets that didn't pay any attention being all happy. I'm betting Doc would have scored the same if he got even half as many games in the top 6 as Dipshit Heinen.

• Haha

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
No. We lost because of goaltending availability/level. We outplayed the Rangers in 6 of 7, often thoroughly.
We won 2 Cups without physicality. And you don't need to be a bruiser to win board battles. You need to be hard on your stick and smart with positioning and timing.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
1 goal in a 4-3 loss. Then the other two goals in 7-2 and 7-4 wins.

Passenger.

Because they didn't get insane top 6 usage and flubbed an insane amount of chances.

A bunch of stat watching f***ing muppets that didn't pay any attention being all happy. I'm betting Doc would have scored the same if he got even half as many games in the top 6 as Dipshit Heinen.

You’re a wee bit too bloody angry bruv.

It’s not a big ting just small ting mate.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Solid signing. Let this be a lesson why you don’t sign turds like Archibald on day one of free agency.
Very valid point, unless the player is exceptional or "elite", whatever the hell that means. Kraken pulled a similar deal today, re-upping Donato (16g/31pts) for $1.2MM. Donato is a fine player and was eligible for arbitration, but SEA didn't offer a qualifying deal as they correctly feared they'd get spanked in arbitration. Francis is doing pretty well in year two, I think.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Does "physicality" protect our players from blatant head shots delivered with intent to injure? Did the Habs beat us with physicality? Sure, Petry and Weber played solid D, but they hardly beat up on us.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Defense - changes.
Forwards - same shit + recycled shit

Somehow we expect different results.

Which of our youth is better than Heinen? We have one of the worst prospect pools in the league.
How the f*** would you know since no one that half assess it that f***ing hard gets even half the opportunity he does.

Doc would be a prime candidate since this entire boring as shit roster is veteran heavy so there's literally 99% buffer for youth.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Defense - changes.
Forwards - same shit + recycled shit

Somehow we expect different results.

How the f*** would you know since no one that half assess it that f***ing hard gets even half the opportunity he does.
So your argument is change for the sake of change, to bring in players who are supremely likely gonna be worse than him. Heinen produced in the playoffs too.

Speak sense man. Your bias is ridiculous. You'd rather run DOC, who went on that 18 game pointless streak or w/e it was.

Reactions: Rave7215

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
So your argument is change for the sake of change, to bring in players who are supremely likely gonna be worse than him. Heinen produced in the playoffs too.

Speak sense man. Your bias is ridiculous. You'd rather run DOC, who went on that 18 game pointless streak or w/e it was.
Yeah with Boyle.

Heinen got prime opportunities with Malkin and was mostly with Carter on the third line as well as second line. You want to verbal diarrhea me some cold streak bullshit, go stat watch what Heinen's cold streaks were and then pretend like you know which line he as on during them to explain away his God like importance in the bottom 6.

He had 3 goals in the playoffs. Two in blowouts and another in a loss. The rest of the way he did jack shit and finished -1. He would float around while Zucker half gimped would play physical while he would turn back on a forecheck leaving Zucker out to dry each shift.

It's funny, all this hate on Kapanen and he finished +4 in his limited role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad