Value of: Heart and Soul player on your team. AKA Boone Jenner Tax

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Lemme guess, Viqsi said no to any thought of moving him? :laugh:
Along with the other CBJ fans?

Absolutely feel bad for Boone, he needs a fresh start somewhere else.
If he isn't traded at deadline or in July, Jarmo needs to be fired.
I would have thought a longtime Panthers fan would remember what it's like to have the vultures circling your team, trying to poach your best and most necessary guys "for their own good", and just how fundamentally bullshit such arguments always were. I'm actually disappointed.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
This has nothing to do with a "heart and soul tax", and more that if there isn't any incentive for a team to move a guy (bad fit, expiring contract, need cap space, etc.), the offer is going to have be tempting enough to consider.

ROR was on an expiring contract.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
there isn't any incentive for a team to move a guy (bad fit, expiring contract, need cap space, etc.), the offer is going to have be tempting enough to consider.
Quoting for truth. You get a cookie.

320px-Choc-Chip-Cookie.jpg

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I LOVE LOVE BJ

If you close your eyes and think of 1 guy that would be perfect fit for a Rick Tochett system it would be JT Miller, but Boone Jenner fits that mold too!

I think he would be an excellent addition to our top 6

Suter- Miller- Boeser
Pettersson- Jenner- Kuzmenko (if he returns to form)

Jenner has 2 more years at 3.75AAV, Id definitely give up a 1st rounder for him.

Jenner retained

for

1st and Podkolzin
Thats a terrible offer without retention

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I LOVE LOVE BJ

If you close your eyes and think of 1 guy that would be perfect fit for a Rick Tochett system it would be JT Miller, but Boone Jenner fits that mold too!

I think he would be an excellent addition to our top 6

Suter- Miller- Boeser
Pettersson- Jenner- Kuzmenko (if he returns to form)

Jenner has 2 more years at 3.75AAV, Id definitely give up a 1st rounder for him.

Jenner retained

for

1st and Podkolzin
Jenner is the type of guy and contract that will require a Lekkerimaki caliber guy going the other way. And it would still be well worth it.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I would have thought a longtime Panthers fan would remember what it's like to have the vultures circling your team, trying to poach your best and most necessary guys "for their own good", and just how fundamentally bullshit such arguments always were. I'm actually disappointed.

Step 1: Fire your GM who's been there since 2013, has spent a billion dollars on player contracts and has 1 series win to his name.

How much more time does he need "to build a team"?
Tallon had a decade and did basically comparable to what Jarmo has done.

Zito comes in and took Panthers to.new heights within ~4 years.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Joel Eriksson Ek. He’s absurdly likeable as a player. He’s almost too humble to be a captain.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
In terms of a guy who has given his all and probably should be moving to a playoff team for a run? Zemgus Girgensons.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Right theory, wrong guy.

There would be a huge heart and soul tax on Jenner. I don't think any team would pay the CBJ the heart and soul tax required to acquire Jenner. He is way more important to the CBJ now and in the future than any return he could potentially garner. It's not impossible but I'd be extremely surprised if the CBJ received a good enough offer to move him.
If I'm the Oilers, I offer 3 firsts for Jenner and Jack Campbell, and if that's not enough, I ask what else it would take. Of course, Columbus probably wants to get an Elvis deal done before they bring in another high salary goalie who isn't going to help the team, even if it is one who is probably going to play in the minors.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Imagine you are the GM of a true Stanley Cup contending team, and you think to yourself that you are a Boone Jenner away from sealing the deal.

That is a GM that should have been fired yesterday.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
why keep him.when you are going to be irrelevant for the.next half.decade at least

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Bruins have three guys that the coach identified this week as the guys that can take the team and will them into the fight.

Marchand and McAvoy are the obvious ones but they have crazy value anyway.

Trent Frederic has really grown into it this year and has become that guy on the Bruins that would take a crap load more than maybe it seems to get him to move.

But, there is also a bit of him being underrated around the league going on.

Last year he played physical and had 17 even strength goals from the bottom six. Which is very good, but also maybe a one off.

This year he is already up to 13 even strength goals (and even one PP goal!) playing in the bottom six.

For comparison, that's as many even strength goals or more than Drai, Sam Reinhart, Jason Robertson, Sebastian Aho, Bratt, Kryou, Eichel, Horvat, JT Miller, Kaprizov, Tuch, DeBrincat, Larkin... all from the 3rd line. And its not just goals, sandwiched between DeBrincat, Raymond, Batherson and Tippet for even strength points, too.

He has turned into a f***ing hell of a player.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
If I'm the Oilers, I offer 3 firsts for Jenner and Jack Campbell, and if that's not enough, I ask what else it would take. Of course, Columbus probably wants to get an Elvis deal done before they bring in another high salary goalie who isn't going to help the team, even if it is one who is probably going to play in the minors.
The obvious issue for Columbus is thats a futures deal. We've selected Fantilli, Johnson, Sillinger, Jiricek and Mateychuk in the last 3 1st rounds alone. Then add in some of the other picks that have made the roster and we need to stop getting younger.They need some isulation

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
Dawg i don't know how to break this to you but the only hockey colloquialism were naming after boone jenner is when we need a term for the most mid player on the most mid team of all time

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
quinn hughes

probably why he was voted captain
Yeah either him or Miller. Quinn's the engine from the back end but Miller's probably the guy that does everything, on and off the ice (scoring/ PP/ PK/ 1st line; also the literal voice and passion in the locker room to fire guys up). Re: OP and their value? Neither are going anywhere.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB

Two guys for the Oilers. Zach Hyman and Warren Foegele. These guys have a great work ethic, play physical, go to the dirty areas and skate hard in both directions. By all accounts, they are also said to be excellent teammates and humans.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad