Heard the most seizure-inducing name butchering in last night's Flames vs Isles game

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
I knew Baba Booey was an Isles fan but I had no clue JD Harmeyer had an interest in announcing

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
We NYI fans are used to Butch destroying names, the english language ("blindlessly" used this week to describe a pass) so we are kind of used to hearing this stuff.
Butch is pretty fluent for a non-native English speaker. And that's a good thing because nobody else speaks his native language.

Caser

May 21, 2013
twitter.com
LOL Varlamov isn't even that hard of a name to pronounce. There are like bunch of harder names in the NHL
It's not the first issue with Varlamov though, I still remember the famous "Steve Varmalov" pronunciation when he signed with the Avs and I also see that someone in this thread remembered "Valarmov" as well.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not sure if his tongue just got tied up and he was having a bit of a moment or what.

Varlamov is a player that's been in the league for closer to 15 years than anything.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Sounds like he just got tongue tied. Some guys don't even try to get names right. Love hearing Olczyk say Zuhbinijad...

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Immediately thought Harm Singh.

In fairness its usually the wrong player more than miss pronounced from Harm....he's bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad