OT: Health and Fitness Thread ‎III

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Done 40 lbs but need to really start putting the muscle back on. will start September
Nice.

I ended up losing 25 in total and am consistently at 170.

Had a very tight left quad last week lead to excruciating back pain when laying down.

I took it easy most of the week, avoiding heavy lifting, limiting runs to a light miles per day, and doing a lot foam rolling.

Back to the grind this week.
Was able to deadlift this morning with zero issues.
Making sure to do plenty of stretching beforehand.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Nice.

I ended up losing 25 in total and am consistently at 170.

Had a very tight left quad last week lead to excruciating back pain when laying down.

I took it easy most of the week, avoiding heavy lifting, limiting runs to a light miles per day, and doing a lot foam rolling.

Back to the grind this week.
Was able to deadlift this morning with zero issues.
Making sure to do plenty of stretching beforehand.
Thank you. I have had a hip issue lately. It seems to flare up when I wear my Hoka's but not my On's. Can't wait to start the weight training again has I have a pretty big chest, just need to remove the accumulated blubber off it lol

Reactions: smithformeragent

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Thank you. I have had a hip issue lately. It seems to flare up when I wear my Hoka's but not my On's. Can't wait to start the weight training again has I have a pretty big chest, just need to remove the accumulated blubber off it lol
Keep at it brother!

My goal is to keep the weight off this Fall when life inevitably gets busy again.

I’ve mostly cut the carbs out. Was doing the keto bread for a while and now I’m just doing like a burger patty or piece of grilled chicken with broccoli for dinner.

Soups and light fare for lunch.

Ice cream if I get the itch at night, but limiting that.

However, I’m going to crush a large popcorn tonight at Deadpool.

Reactions: LouJersey

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm up to 10 minutes on the bike with 4 out of 10 resistance. I started at 10 minutes with no resistance. The bad hip makes it difficult but I am perservering. Resumed fasting again too.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I commented on Kevin Neeld's video I shared, and he responded. Sounds corny, but it made my day. ;)

As the Bruins' Head Performance Coach, he provides interesting insight, such as in this YouTube Short. He details the team's lifting sessions after games.

That's right - when we are on the board after games wanting players traded, coaches fired, etc., the players are lifting weights. ;)

His voice and vocal inflections sound similar to the great Tim Thomas.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Jacob and I have been ramping up on the cardio.

Crushed a big cheat meal yesterday at Chili’s, BBQ brisket burger with fries.

Signed up for the marathon this morning, so I’ve got a reason to keep crushing it this Fall.

1725222405442.png

Reactions: Gee Wally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad