Heading to Vegas first week of October

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
So, I’m visiting Vegas with some of my buds for the first time we were thinking of catching a prseason game between Vegas and Colorado. Any thoughts on what to do afterwards?
We’re big poker players so we’ll be doing that in between meals and sleeping but any other suggestions?
We’re 47, 40, 38, and 30.
We’re not into clubs but we’re not into hiking or museums either.
The youngest of the group is on a bit of a budget but we can still do things.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers

Reactions: Neil Racki

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
PopStroke

Piano Bar

TopGolf

Always love the MGM and Caesars properties so hit them up and use your players card

Reactions: mattyboy

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Is Piano Bar the name of the establishment? All I found was Harrahs Las Vegas Piano bar.
It's the name of one of them

If you like live music -

Dueling Pianos is pretty good entertainment and they are all over the Strip. One in NYNY, one in Paris, one in the Wynn I think. Harrah's IMO is the best but I went there a lot when I was there in July. They just play hit songs on piano and it's pretty good entertainment if you like music.

Ole Red is also pretty good but usually has a pretty long line. If you like country music they have country music there, fairly new establishment

If you're looking to take a break from poker I can't recommend PopStroke enough if you have anyone in your party who likes golf. It's absolutely awesome and is just minigolf outdoors. It's a bit off the strip but you can reach it through the bus that goes up and down the strip.

Food wise the options on the Strip are usually pretty expensive but if you look carefully there are several deals. By the MGM there's a food court with Dirt Dog and another place I can't remember. Very affordable hot dogs. Also good spots by Ole Red, ramen shop, pizza stores, giordano's, can't really go wrong there

mattyboy

What Up With That?
Jun 26, 2013
It's the name of one of them

If you like live music -

Dueling Pianos is pretty good entertainment and they are all over the Strip. One in NYNY, one in Paris, one in the Wynn I think. Harrah's IMO is the best but I went there a lot when I was there in July. They just play hit songs on piano and it's pretty good entertainment if you like music.

Ole Red is also pretty good but usually has a pretty long line. If you like country music they have country music there, fairly new establishment

If you're looking to take a break from poker I can't recommend PopStroke enough if you have anyone in your party who likes golf. It's absolutely awesome and is just minigolf outdoors. It's a bit off the strip but you can reach it through the bus that goes up and down the strip.

Food wise the options on the Strip are usually pretty expensive but if you look carefully there are several deals. By the MGM there's a food court with Dirt Dog and another place I can't remember. Very affordable hot dogs. Also good spots by Ole Red, ramen shop, pizza stores, giordano's, can't really go wrong there
Ok awesome
Thanks so much!
We’ll be staying at the signature MGM.
Love piano bars so that’s definitely been jotted down as an option.
Can’t stand country music tho 😅

Reactions: John Price

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
The stadium is really close to the Strip and the MGM properties so you should have no problem. I would go to the NY NY piano bar which should be going on at night.

Reactions: PGW and mattyboy

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Join the throng in walking north from your hotel along S. Las Vegas Blvd. ("The Strip"), and spend whatever money you have left from poker on getting your pictures taken with fake showgirls & various other costumed hustlers. Pause out front of the Bellagio Hotel to watch one of the free musical lighted fountain shows every 15 or 30 minutes (which is where most tourists & hustlers congregate), then walk south back to your hotel with the satisfaction that you've seen & done everything worth seeing & doing along The Strip.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The restaurants in Vegas are amazing.

Don't go to "O", the aquatic Cirque de Soleil show, for the late 10 pm show. I fell asleep thanks to the warm humid air and the new age music.

Awhile back, Absinthe was considered the best show on the Strip. Someone in Vegas probably knows better.

I've stayed at MGM Signature Suites and it's a great location. Just be prepared to walk a fair amount, even to get into MGM Grand proper.

If you forget something, it's like a 30 minute round trip back (15 minutes there and back) and that's with the two buildings physically attached together.

Most people do pools during the day - the Hard Rock has a good one for a slightly older clientele.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Join the throng in walking north from your hotel along S. Las Vegas Blvd. ("The Strip"), and spend whatever money you have left from poker on getting your pictures taken with fake showgirls & various other costumed hustlers. Pause out front of the Bellagio Hotel to watch one of the free musical lighted fountain shows every 15 or 30 minutes (which is where most tourists & hustlers congregate), then walk south back to your hotel with the satisfaction that you've seen & done everything worth seeing & doing along The Strip.

Lol absolute clown take.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
To each clown their own. One visit to "The City of Second Chances" was enough, wouldn't have gone if it weren't for hockey games around town.
It's one thing to say it just wasn't for you and that's fine but to suggest the only things worth doing on the strip are the Bellagio water show and the strip walk it's on is genuinely insane. Unless your idea of things worth doing means not spending more than a couple hundred bucks on your trip, there's plenty to do and see.

JMCx4

Welcome to: The Dumbing Down Era of HFBoards
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
It's one thing to say it just wasn't for you and that's fine but to suggest the only things worth doing on the strip are the Bellagio water show and the strip walk it's on is genuinely insane. Unless your idea of things worth doing means not spending more than a couple hundred bucks on your trip, there's plenty to do and see.
Digging this deep in The Lounge for content to argue is a waste of otherwise fruitful time, but good luck with your Las Vegas CVB gig.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad