Post-Game Talk: He’s such a Bouche

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Nylander has been the best player on that team for years, basically the only guy that fully shows up for the playoffs amoungst the so-called core four. Marner strikes me as an entitled little pansy.
Marner is a dweeb. Nylander would be incredible and solidify our top 6 forward core into something really special. We’d have to send them Nurse and Kane or something though and they’d have to be crazy, but thankfully they are crazy so who knows

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yes, the Oilers would have no use for the aging Tavares. But I am not sure we'd have much use for Nylander or Marner either at their price. Matthews for sure. Probably the best pure goal-scorer in today's game, who's quite solid all-around. But, of course, Matthews would be the last they'd move.

Cole is a beauty. The best Oiler in game 2.
if we were to pick the bones of the Leaf’s organizaiton. I wouldn’t mind taking some of their scouts. They have like a 100 of them anyways. You ever see their war room, it’s like a UN meeting.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Man thinking back about how negative this place was after 40 minutes. Then the team plays pretty much a perfect 3rd period and OT. They did exactly what was needed to win this game.

We should have more faith in this team. Don’t ever count out McDrai at the very least.
I'm still negative. It was either the top line scoring or no one.

It literally took a Canuck scoring on his own net before any of the bottom 9 did.

Reactions: Stoneman89

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I'm still negative. It was either the top line scoring or no one.

It literally took a Canuck scoring on his own net before any of the bottom 9 did.
My only defence of the depth is that they played even and didn’t hurt us much, I guess with a team where McDrai can take over it’s a winnable strategy. But yeh we need more production out of the bottom of the line up for sure. It’ll be necessity moving forward.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
View attachment 868802

McDavid and Drai having their own celebration
Thelma & Louise:
IMG_4898.jpeg

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Maybe the Nucks mix up their forward lines and try to be more top heavy. I think our top 5 unit still beats theirs but maybe our bottom 6 would do better if the Nucks try to load up their top lines and lose some depth.

The Nucks are wearing down a little bit, they don’t play this long usually and some of them are soft. Keep chipping away, it’s a battle for momentum

Edit: there we go, Tocchet is mixing up the lines now lol

Last edited:

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Maybe the Nucks mix up their forward lines and try to be more top heavy. I think our top 5 unit still beats theirs but maybe our bottom 6 would do better if the Nucks try to load up their top lines and lose some depth.

The Nucks are wearing down a little bit, they don’t play this long usually and some of them are soft. Keep chipping away, it’s a battle for momentum
You know who scares me? Garland. That’s a legit top 6 forward on their 3rd line that can drive play. We did a good job on him tonight but he can really make Nurse-Ceci look silly if they play a sleepy game. Nurse struggles with his quickness and low center of gravity.

Reactions: bellagiobob

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Man thinking back about how negative this place was after 40 minutes. Then the team plays pretty much a perfect 3rd period and OT. They did exactly what was needed to win this game.

We should have more faith in this team. Don’t ever count out McDrai at the very least.
The only thing I'm hopeful for is that we can get back to drai on L2 next game so that our depth isn't neutered and they run some normal minutes. I get it for a must win road game, but let's not do that for 3-5 more games straight.

Otherwise I'm not sure what else there is to say. Skinner is an inconsistent nightmare but Van hasn't really looked good in 120m of hockey. Game 1 was to teams playing slop hockey where the Nucks got a bounce and we scored to goals on ourselves.

Game 2 they got pounded into the dirt as expected. I said last PGT, if we show up they can't hang with us. They got another hero tip and hailmary goal line goal. When it comes to actual playoff hockey and scoring, they aren't anywhere in the realm of the Oilers. Over a 7 game series I expect the heavily outperform the luck based scoring as we did with LA.

Our special teams is performing at an even higher level against them, also as expected. They are not on the level of LAs PK.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The only thing I'm hopeful for is that we can get back to drai on L2 next game so that our depth isn't neutered and they run some normal minutes. I get it for a must win road game, but let's not do that for 3-5 more games straight.

Otherwise I'm not sure what else there is to say. Skinner is an inconsistent nightmare but Van hasn't really looked good in 120m of hockey. Game 1 was to teams playing slop hockey where the Nucks got a bounce and we scored to goals on ourselves.

Game 2 they got pounded into the dirt as expected. I said last PGT, if we show up they can't hang with us. They got another hero tip and hailmary goal line goal. When it comes to actual playoff hockey and scoring, they aren't anywhere in the realm of the Oilers. Over a 7 game series I expect the heavily outperform the luck based scoring as we did with LA.

Our special teams is performing at an even higher level against them, also as expected. They are not on the level of LAs PK.
Yeh that would be huge. Hope Drai is back to LA form soon. Cause he was the best player in the league imo during that series. Still we all know he can dominate injure too, but dominating on his own line is another matter.

I’d say Skinner let in 2-3 bad goals over these two games. And in the playoffs we need better. That said, he’s due for a big game knowing his up and down nature. And he’ll be going home to a bunch of Stuuuuuus.

I thought we were the better team entering the series too. I don’t think we’ve even seen our best game yet. Your right game 1 was sloppy. In game 2 I think we finally showed the true gap between the teams in period 3. And now that we got some mojo/confidence going we should see that gap hold in more periods.

Special teams still rocking. Touch to lose the PK streak tonight but that won’t last forever. We bounced back and got the next PK.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
HA.....just got thread banned on mains GDT for pointing out the obviousness of the mod there protecting the sensitivities of Canucks fans.

And that was in response to a "get over it" and "live in the now" getting deleted....
Wear it as a badge of honor. Was it Troll Stomper? That robo-Mod gets his kicks over there.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Lol. Obnoxious media guy basically asking McDavid if the rest of his team was useless and his line carried them. Marc Spector quality interviewing.

Some Cancuck beat guy that must beat off to the Orca or something

Reactions: oobga

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
HA.....just got thread banned on mains GDT for pointing out the obviousness of the mod there protecting the sensitivities of Canucks fans.

And that was in response to a "get over it" and "live in the now" getting deleted....
Happened to me a week ago. Biased modding around here. And all I’m doing is chirping them like they chirp us. The mains are RIGGED.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Marner is a dweeb. Nylander would be incredible and solidify our top 6 forward core into something really special. We’d have to send them Nurse and Kane or something though and they’d have to be crazy, but thankfully they are crazy so who knows
l0)
My only defence of the depth is that they played even and didn’t hurt us much, I guess with a team where McDrai can take over it’s a winnable strategy. But yeh we need more production out of the bottom of the line up for sure. It’ll be necessity moving forward.
Yeah I feel like some of them will be embarrassed seeing how 97 18 29 worked so hard.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
l0)
Yeah I feel like some of them will be embarrassed seeing how 97 18 29 worked so hard.
Yeh theirs some passengers down there that need to show to themselves and the hockey world that this isn’t a 1 line game. I don’t doubt their passion to make that happen. But need to see the ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad