Confirmed with Link: Hayes traded to Pittsburgh

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Yep. I think it basically kills the idea of moving Krug or buying someone out.

We were never going to buy someone out. Our owner is not a billionaire.
Largely agree, but the budget might be above the cap.

The salaries of the roster players currently projected as a $71.735M team cap hit on Capfriendly is set to make $81.9M real dollars this year. We could be in a situation where Army has a $90M NHL roster budget, spends all of that budget, but winds up falling well short of the $88M salary cap.

As you say, a budget isn't necessarily bad. My concern is less about 'there is a budget' and my informed guess that the budget is low enough that it will actively hamstring our ability to make other moves. Hopefully, I'm overreacting. I very well could be. But the fact that Hayes was the only player due a (modest) signing bonus this year and we paid to move him right before the bonus is due does create some smoke about the notion that ownership might be thinking more about pure balance sheets in the short term than they are about how spending that money can help long-term.

I'm more inclined to believe we wanted Hayes the f*** off the team right now rather than it be about money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad