GDT: Hawks vs Wings at 7PM CDT on Wednesday- 1st Preseason Game - On....Blackhawks.com?!?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Need help figuring out how to watch this f***ing game? I'm here to help...sorta.

Is this game on NBCSCH?
Nope, that channel may as well be dead to Hawks fans at this point.

What about CHSN?
That channel won't exist until October 1st, so also no.

Will I get CHSN when it comes out?
Yes ,if you have Directv (choice plan or above) or own this new fangled contraption that the kids are calling "rabbit ears" (and also in close proximity to the city). As of this writing, no other deal is in place with tv providers, though Cubs' Marquee network was negotiating with Comcast up to the day of that network's birth, so it's still possible things could work out.

Okay, so this game won't be on TV, so how the hell do you watch it?
Go to the Blackhawks official site at 7:00PM CDT and look for a link to watch.

Will it be viewable outside the Chicagoland area?
How the hell do I know? Go bug the Blackhawks' socials for that.

Who will provide Play-by-Play and Color Commentary?
Chris Vosters and Colby Cohen!

Nah, I'm just playing. Probably new voice of the Blackhawks Rick Ball, alongside Darren Pang. Will update this with confirmation once we find out (provided it's announced a bit before the game starts).

Will it be on radio? I hate watching hockey, but LOVE listening to it.
WGN 720 for every game during the preseason.

Lines?
Probably this

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Added the bit about radio. Didn't think we'd have anybody actually concerned with listening to it, but who knows, maybe some of you are planning to be stuck in traffic tomorrow night.

Vosters!
Yay! (or something)
I was being sarcastic about that, just look at the paragraph right underneath where I mentioned him. It definitely wont be him.

• Haha
Reactions: ytsejam

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
As I understand vital,this 1st ore-season game will have a video link via the Hawks website(but maybe it links to a Detroit broadcast crew doing the game?) THEN the next 2 pre-season games only willbe on WGN radio...Once we hit the October pre-season games tgat is when CHSN goes on the air and will be televising with its broadcast team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad