GDT: Hawks vs Rags: 7PM CT on NBCSN -- Apparently They're Our Rivals Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Lundqvist has one weakness; stick side top corner
that happens to be Alex DeBrincats sweet spot.

Although it depends in which side he plays...
- glove side,stick side,both i guess are his sweet spots :)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Wait
.you mean the lines practicing weevsubterfuge by genius Q?You mean it was just a joke?He will start completely different lines? THE D-Cat with Sharp and Wingels used just to throw NYR off its planning for the game?

Or is he really gonna start that line ..because "Q gonna Q" and he hopes the hockey gods going to luck him.out from walking the plank? Because otherwise,one woukd need to swallow while thebideacQ honestly believes D-Cat will get Sharp and Wingels to score ?And if he does believe that,he is ready for the insane asylum.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
An injury.

Seabrook in the press box will take ...

aluminium-pipe-250x250.jpg
+
shawn-eckhardt-jpg.jpg

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Man, some of you are really going to enjoy my next GDT....

wow! Garbage!!!

What, you people are going to miss me when I'm gone. I looked for something in gif form saying as much, but all I could find was an Anna Kendrick's music video. Gets my point across well enough.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
You guys should have used the obvious Trump pun for Grabner. Other than that kudos.
That's kinda what I was going for without directly saying as much. Mods like to keep this place clear from politics, so I adjusted things a little.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Debrincat-Schmaltz-Kane is probably never going to happen despite it making a ton of sense.

In coming to terms with that, the team needs to give Debrincat-Toews-Panik another look. That was a really great line that was generating tons of shots and chances. They were broken up too quickly.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Debrincat-Schmaltz-Kane is probably never going to happen despite it making a ton of sense.

In coming to terms with that, the team needs to give Debrincat-Toews-Panik another look. That was a really great line that was generating tons of shots and chances. They were broken up too quickly.
Give it time. Schmaltz, while being a natural center, looks better at LW. Let him gain his confidence there and we can try him at Center a little down the road. When he's regained that position, maybe Q (or his successor?) might feel a bit more warmed up to the idea of a Brinksy-Schmaltz-Kane line.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wrong answer. Rags got off to a poor start but they are probably now the hottest team in the league. 6 game win streak, won 8 of the last 10 games...and have beaten good teams during this run, Blue Jackets, Vegas, Tampa Bay and the Oilers who are playing better.

New York Rangers 2018 Schedule - Rangers Home and Away - ESPN

To be fair, we're not that great, actually.

Our defense sucks, and we have bad goaltending, but thats a touchy subject, so I'll leave it at that.

Our PP is great and our first line can carry us, thats been winning us a lot of games of late, a few good individual displays elsewhere on the team, but thats about it. Most of the teams we've played aren't that good, we have a ridiculously easy early season schedule, and a ton of early season home games.

Always fun playing you guys, should be a good game.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
To be fair, we're not that great, actually.

Hawks are playing poorly but as been discussed before. Would you rather they disguise their deficiencies like last season, hit 50 wins/100+ points only to save their worst hockey for the last 2 weeks (lost 7 of 10 games to end the regular season, one of which was a 7-0 blowout loss to Florida) heading into the playoffs? The best time to play like crap is now....

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

That GDT is downright hilarious. :biglaugh: :handclap:

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
okay, I just finished my GDT for Saturday. It's a lot. I'm using it as my personal diary. Saying what I'm feeling in a way only I can. It hurts to have had to make it, but it needed to happen for my future GDTs to succeed.

Rags fans feel free to check it on Saturday if you want to see one of my more genius GDT ideas.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
CMS, we compliment you on all your GDTs. It gets tiring to constantly type "Nice GDT CMS!" Don't worry. We still enjoy them.
A few posters, you being one of them, always give my themes a like. I don't normally say it, but damn do I appreciate it.

Having said that, I do feel that I've raised the bar so high and for so long that it's a huge challenge to reach that highest of high points and get recognition (even something as simple as a like) from some of the posters here. But it is what it is at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad