GDT: Hawks vs Preds: 7:30PM CT on WGN--What Are The Rules?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No matter how you look at it is bad. Sorry but this is really off.
that is kool, but it really all depends on how one will look at it.

for me, last off season, i wanted Seabs contract off the roster and then to dabble in a FA d-man at a way younger player which will not cost ....

so for me, it was a fair trade. but crap, what in hades to do i really know.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

I really hate it when Q (and other coaches, frankly), treat hockey fans like we're ****ing idiots.

You don't want to throw your player under the bus? Fine. Admirable.

Don't straight up lie and tell an untruth in your quest to protect your guy.

Seabrook has not been good for 3 games now, and anybody with functioning eyeballs and access to the internet knows that.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

I really hate it when Q (and other coaches, frankly), treat hockey fans like we're ****ing idiots.

You don't want to throw your player under the bus? Fine. Admirable.

Don't straight up lie and tell an untruth in your quest to protect your guy.

Seabrook has not been good for 3 games now, and anybody with functioning eyeballs and access to the internet knows that.

everyone should know where i stand on the Seabs debate, so think about this, what did everyone thought his response would be ?? Seabs have an unmovable contract and needs to keep a positive thought process. i am willing to bet he, Seabs knows what the fans are thinking of him.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
everyone should know where i stand on the Seabs debate, so think about this, what did everyone thought his response would be ?? Seabs have an unmovable contract and needs to keep a positive thought process. i am willing to bet he, Seabs knows what the fans are thinking of him.

It's why I'm not too worried about it. I have a hard time seeing Seabs blowing this team up out of his own greed after everything they've done for him. TBH, I could see him retiring in a couple years if things keep going this way.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It's why I'm not too worried about it. I have a hard time seeing Seabs blowing this team up out of his own greed after everything they've done for him. TBH, I could see him retiring in a couple years if things keep going this way.
no offense, but if your boss came up and said that they want to over pay you by 2.5 - 3.0 mil, do you expect him to say no ??

ref to the retirement, i am not too familiar how that affects both the team and the player.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
no offense, but if your boss came up and said that they want to over pay you by 2.5 - 3.0 mil, do you expect him to say no ??

I mean, it's a little different, lol. First, they would never do that. They value me but I'm not irreplaceable. I get what you mean, he's got to look out for himself. There's a brotherhood factor here though, making those guys suffer because you don't have what it takes anymore. Maybe he would watch himself degrade into a 6.8M AHLer in the next 2-3 seasons and continue to show up. I think he has more pride than that but who knows.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I mean, it's a little different, lol. First, they would never do that. They value me but I'm not irreplaceable. I get what you mean, he's got to look out for himself. There's a brotherhood factor here though, making those guys suffer because you don't have what it takes anymore. Maybe he would watch himself degrade into a 6.8M AHLer in the next 2-3 seasons and continue to show up. I think he has more pride than that but who knows.
well the same debate can be added to the Kane and Toews contract as well.

no offense, but i am bashing your points. :D:D however i am serious, any players will be hard press to walk away from that kind of money.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
well the same debate can be added to the Kane and Toews contract as well.

no offense, but i am bashing your points. :D:D however i am serious, any players will be hard press to walk away from that kind of money.

If Seabs ends up completely dragging ass for the last 3-4 years of his deal, his legacy will be tarnished as the man who single handedly brought down the Blackhawks because he wanted more money. Campbell left when he had to. Hossa left when he had to. If Seabs tells us all to pound sand, it's going to anger a lot of people. The team we have now is so young and talented that the only thing that could hold us back from staying in contention the next 4-5 years is the cap. We'll see, I think SB and BS are going to sit down and have a heart to heart this offseason. Hopefully they can work out a trade or some other type of exit plan for Seabs in the next few years because him sticking around for the entirety of his deal isn't looking feasible.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
If Seabs ends up completely dragging ass for the last 3-4 years of his deal, his legacy will be tarnished as the man who single handedly brought down the Blackhawks because he wanted more money. Campbell left when he had to. Hossa left when he had to. If Seabs tells us all to pound sand, it's going to anger a lot of people. The team we have now is so young and talented that the only thing that could hold us back from staying in contention the next 4-5 years is the cap. We'll see, I think SB and BS are going to sit down and have a heart to heart this offseason. Hopefully they can work out a trade or some other type of exit plan for Seabs in the next few years because him sticking around for the entirety of his deal isn't looking feasible.
6.8 mil to give up ?? i really doubt Seabs will give that up.

however i did mention this in the off-season, how bout a LITR for Seabs and his contract ??

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
6.8 mil to give up ?? i really doubt Seabs will give that up.

however i did mention this in the off-season, how bout a LITR for Seabs and his contract ??

It'd be fine but you can only go 10% over the cap in the offseason. Hossa has 3 more years left so they can't overlap. We would need to trade the Hossa contract to do as you say.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Campbell got traded and Hossa retired due to a debilitating injury. Seabrook isn't bowing out with twenty million left on the table. He's getting traded or bought out if he leaves.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
According to CF the last 2 years of Seabs' deal are only M-NTC--5 team and 10-team trade to, respectively.

Seabs can retire with no recapture I believe (Unlike Keith), but again, does he leave that money on the table?

The opt-out for the CBA is September 19, 2019. The termination is September 15, 2022.

Something tells me that a compliance buyout might happen for the 2020 season (less there is another work stoppage). if that's the case I think Hossa and Seabs get bought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad