GDT: Hawks @ Utah 9pm ESPN 10/8/24 First game of the season you clowns

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Probably an unpopular opinion based on the comments here, but I thought Hall looked better as the game along.

I was ready to write him off but I'm switching my stance to give him a few weeks to get his legs back and see if maybe he does have something left in the tank. If he can become even a decent passenger on the second line that would be a huge help.
Hall was OK for a guy that hasn't played in almost a year.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Just listened to Richardson’s post game babble. I can’t see how someone like this as a head coach is helpful for the present state of this team or the future regarding development of the young players. The guy is a stiff, he should not be coaching this team. There had to be SOMEONE out there better equipped to develop this team better and help our 19 year old franchise player become what we need him to become. Get rid of this guy sooner rather than later PLEASE, it sucks to hear some talking about tanking yet again 1 game into the season.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Probably an unpopular opinion based on the comments here, but I thought Hall looked better as the game along.

I was ready to write him off but I'm switching my stance to give him a few weeks to get his legs back and see if maybe he does have something left in the tank. If he can become even a decent passenger on the second line that would be a huge help.
Just like the preseason Hawks did not play with any pace. Hall being the exception.

Hawks have some guys with speed but we don't see it often enough. The entry on the PP being a prime example. It was painful to watch.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
I don't see how that argument popped up about faceoffs not mattering when seeing how bad the Blackhawks zone entries are on a power play. It took 25-35 seconds off from the start when they lost the faceoff before they had any time in the offensive zone.

The only reason I can offer why the 4th line played as PP2 is because every other player must be tired from chasing the puck by the time they go on the power play.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Just listened to Richardson’s post game babble. I can’t see how someone like this as a head coach is helpful for the present state of this team or the future regarding development of the young players. The guy is a stiff, he should not be coaching this team. There had to be SOMEONE out there better equipped to develop this team better and help our 19 year old franchise player become what we need him to become. Get rid of this guy sooner rather than later PLEASE, it sucks to hear some talking about tanking yet again 1 game into the season.
Yeah I mean nobody expects a run to the Finals, but there has to be improvement. If their "plan" is to slowly develop the team over 3-5 years, that's not acceptable. They can get better, win more games, get back in the playoff discussion.

His comments were very uncomfortable to hear as you said just one game in. That's a comfort I'm sure to the ticket holders who spent a lot of money to watch basically a low-grade AHL team + Bedard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad