GDT: Hawks @ Utah 9pm ESPN 10/8/24 First game of the season you clowns

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Why would he be playing? He's been out with a foot injury all of preseason. And it's been known even before we drafted him that he needed time to develop outside of the NHL.
Didn't know he wasn't expected to play. I'd rather have gone in a different direction with the 2nd pick.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I hope my ex with BPD is attending and finds a utah player’s life to ruin/traumatize publicly

Jk go hawks but srsly f*** that bitch

Reactions: ytsejam

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Utah lines

Keller Hayton Schmaltz
McBain Cooley Guenther
Maccelli Doan Crouse
Kerfoot Stenlund O’Brien
Carcone Yamamoto

Sergechev Durzi
Cole Kolyachonok
Valimaki Kesserling
Bortuzzo

Ingram/Vejmelka

Injured: Marino Bjustad Weber Douglas Lipkin

Looking at the depth of young talent in that top 6, knowing that they themselves are still a solid distance away from where you need to be to contend, that really goes to show you just how far away the Hawks are from having the roster alongside Bedard ready to compete in the playoffs. How far away we are in terms of young talent at forward, to be more specific.

The good news: In time....we will get there. Its just gonna be another couple years of sucking and drafting in the lottery. I think when we landed Bedard most people naturally envisioned best possible case scenarios where we'd be ready to compete in just a short 2-3 years. In reality its gonna be more like 4-5.

With the pieces/prospects we currently have cooking, plus the future drafts, you can put together something like this in lets say 3 years(The start of the 2027/28 season):

The Hossa 2.0 acquisition-Bedard-Nazar
2026 1st-2025 1st-Moore
Vanacker/Dach-Boisvert-The Ladd 2.0 acquisition
Lardis/Slaggert-Veteran 4C(John Madden 2.0)-Spellacy/Marcel

Korchinski-Levshunov
Vlasic-Jones
EDM/Allan/Kaiser-Rinzel

Veteran Goalie(Kinda like Niemi but hopefully better 2.0)/Commesso

I'm probably off on a lot of this and forgot several details/additional players/options. But this is the basic idea i would think.

Fun, young, and ready to run and gun. Ready for a push at the playoffs. Fastest team in the league candidate. Most exciting team to watch candidate. Its all possible if we make smart decisions and get a new coach. Which i believe we will. Hawks future is incredibly bright and as an added bonus i believe the league wants us to succeed and will do whatever it can to get us back to prominence. I think we might yet land another top 3 pick. Maybe even another #1OA. Fun times in the coming years!

Reactions: Mrfenn92

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Unless I'm mistaken, it'll only be Celebrini who plays this season from the 2024 draft. And I don't think I need to explain to you why we didn't draft him.
Luchanko made Philly’s roster but he (rightfully) was not in play at 2

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I still can't believe the rebuilding LA Kings would trade away Durzi and Faber. What a disaster. You put those 2 D into their current Dcore/lineup (and lets also say they never traded away Vilardi for that pathetic 1 seasons worth of effort they got out of PLD) and they'd be in great shape. Just another example of how a FO can mess things up by getting too cute.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I love how the opening lineup has, what, five players playing out of position? Richardson is such a fraud. :laugh:
This was my thought as well. You had 6 preseason games to try some things out to see what might stick. Instead, let's start from scratch and put the line blender on before game 1 commences. Just seems like another reason why LR is not a good coach.

Reactions: Pez68

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
This was my thought as well. You had 6 preseason games to try some things out to see what might stick. Instead, let's start from scratch and put the line blender on before game 1 commences. Just seems like another reason why LR is not a good coach.

Or maybe he’s an evil genius putting us in the right position(by intentionally putting guys in the WRONG position) to tank and get that coveted #1OA pick?? Maybe his plan is to be as bad as possible. It’s brilliant, really. LR for the Jack Adams!! He’s playing chess while we’re all just playing checkers.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad