Friedman: Hawks turned down trade offer on Debrincat (High 1st + Additional 1st as part of package)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
That's a lot to say you really can't be sure. HF is woefully off base when it comes to the actual desires, intentions, and actions of NHL teams. It's a fool's errand to speak in absolutes.
Thrn I go back to what Fiala and Reinhart got in trades. I laugh if anyone thinks Chicago can get a mile more in return for Debrincat.

if buffalo was to trade for him it would more likely involve current players vs draft picks. They coukd trade next years 2nd ( thry have 3) and this years pick at 28.

the GM has said they aren’t yet contenders to go out and get back pieces.

end of the season when everyone was healthy from March 1st they closed at a 100 pt pace.

this the roster changes would be adding Power, Quinn, and Peterka — all in high ranking of players with little nhl game experience.

theGM probably wants to see it grows..Tage Thompson had a breakout year but was it a one year thing. Thr first 30 g he was playing at around 45-50 pt pace thrn the rest of the season he was at a ppg pace. Mittlestadt was injured most of last year, but under the coach he has come out. If he’s healthy does he make a big step and be a 0.7-0.8 ppg type of player.

Olofsson is another factor. Last year he played with some sort of arm injury that affected his shooting a slap shot he has. His stats last season looking only at Oct ( healthy) and March and April ( regain health)he was in the 0.8+ ppg clip.

this upcoming year there is a lot of uncertainty that some possible trades might wait for the deadline to make.

id be very surprised if Buffalo made a big move like this In the next two weeks.

i think they are more likely going to acquire a de ent player with 2-2 yrs left on a cap tight team for nothing. Other signings are going to be under $2.5M per with the possibility of a higher one on a starting goalie

Reactions: AGENTHARRY

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
All the chatter in Chicago is all about picks and futures.

My guess is it depends on what 1sts were in this alleged offer. The Hawks may be insisting on an unprotected first in 2023 for example, and maybe they were offered 2 firsts in this 'weaker' draft coming up next week?
That's exactly it, later picks, or picks in this draft, aren't worth what next year's draft picks might be worth. Until more details are reported, I have to assume later picks this year, or next from a team that is unlikely to be in lottery contention.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Well we know he leaked the Toronto trade so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here

So your comments are just based on your speculation without anything to substantiate them. I hope you are a little more thorough in your everyday life before being highly critical of others. We all know what they say about people that make assumptions.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I mean not exactly surprising news. Willingness to discuss a player if far different than eagerness to trade a player.

Cat’s age and goal scoring exploits put him in a completely different bracket than the likes of Fiala and Reinhart. This is more like a Chychrun situation (except it’ll cost more). And after all the hoopla, Armstrong still hasn’t deal Chychrun because the offers haven’t been good enough. Neither guy is “needed” to be dealt in any tangible form - they are just potential pieces to accelerate an entire franchise’s structural rebuild should a huge offer with multiple high level assets including ay least one true blue A-level piece manifests.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Well we know he leaked the Toronto trade so he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt here
Keep crying
e2xssoJ.png

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Where’s the actual proof he leaked it and not Allen Walsh who openly said Fleury would not accept a trade to the capitals and leaked an offer from them that same time frame leading to the trade deadline?

Cry more

Thrn I go back to what Fiala and Reinhart got in trades. I laugh if anyone thinks Chicago can get a mile more in return for Debrincat.

if buffalo was to trade for him it would more likely involve current players vs draft picks. They coukd trade next years 2nd ( thry have 3) and this years pick at 28.

the GM has said they aren’t yet contenders to go out and get back pieces.

end of the season when everyone was healthy from March 1st they closed at a 100 pt pace.

this the roster changes would be adding Power, Quinn, and Peterka — all in high ranking of players with little nhl game experience.

theGM probably wants to see it grows..Tage Thompson had a breakout year but was it a one year thing. Thr first 30 g he was playing at around 45-50 pt pace thrn the rest of the season he was at a ppg pace. Mittlestadt was injured most of last year, but under the coach he has come out. If he’s healthy does he make a big step and be a 0.7-0.8 ppg type of player.

Olofsson is another factor. Last year he played with some sort of arm injury that affected his shooting a slap shot he has. His stats last season looking only at Oct ( healthy) and March and April ( regain health)he was in the 0.8+ ppg clip.

this upcoming year there is a lot of uncertainty that some possible trades might wait for the deadline to make.

id be very surprised if Buffalo made a big move like this In the next two weeks.

i think they are more likely going to acquire a de ent player with 2-2 yrs left on a cap tight team for nothing. Other signings are going to be under $2.5M per with the possibility of a higher one on a starting goalie
Yes because a player who has no contract, and a worse player than DeBrincat who made it known he wants to leave the dumpster fire sabres have the same value as DeBrincat who still has team control. Is the much better player, and doesn’t want to leave.

How is it that are all of the posts you make are this off base and dumb?

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
DeBrincat is probably the most 'untouchable' asset on the Blackhawks right now. The trade rumors are so weird, and Davidson turning down two 1st round picks (including a top 10), should tell everyone he's not for sale.

I actually believe he's the only asset they won't trade. They've got 4 RFAs in Dach, Kubalik, Strome and Kurashev. Could see KD entertain offers on all of them, even Dach (at the right price)

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
You just told a group of people that one of them made an offer to get the other ones to up the price. That's usually not a great way to conduct business in any market.

Things like that happen in all sorts of businesses, I guarantee it happens in the NHL as well. It’s a fine tactic as long as you execute it well enough…

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I would bet this was for turcotte and the 1st that went to the wild. Wasn't accepted so kings just got fiala done.

Chicago is going to weigh any trade for debrincat against the return they got for hagel which is a challenge bc they are different players in different contractual situations with different expectations going forward.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
I would bet this was for turcotte and the 1st that went to the wild. Wasn't accepted so kings just got fiala done.

Chicago is going to weigh any trade for debrincat against the return they got for hagel which is a challenge bc they are different players in different contractual situations with different expectations going forward.
Compare how?
Tampa traded what they believe are 2 1st rd picks that would be between 25 and 32. A 4th line winger and a tweener C.
Those 4 pieces don’t get you a top 7 1st rounder in this draft, never mind even considering additional pieces.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Bowman would have probably gotten rid of him for a lot cheaper. He did pay steep for Jones.

But Kyle Davidson seems to be extremely ruthless considering he demanded a lot for Hagel.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Compare how?
Tampa traded what they believe are 2 1st rd picks that would be between 25 and 32. A 4th line winger and a tweener C.
Those 4 pieces don’t get you a top 7 1st rounder in this draft, never mind even considering additional pieces.
The comparison to fact that they got two first round picks and two additional players that they wanted for a guy that can't even sniff debrincat's production. Come on let's not try to play stupid here to start an argument

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
The comparison to fact that they got two first round picks and two additional players that they wanted for a guy that can't even sniff debrincat's production. Come on let's not try to play stupid here to start an argument
If you really believe all 1st round picks are equal then it’s not me playing stupid.
1 (ONE) 1st rd pick in the top 7 this year has more value than all 4 pieces Chicago received in the Hagel trade.
Also Tampa had to move the 2 1 way contracts (or equal amount of cap dollars elsewhere) to fit the trade under the cap.
Hagel upgraded tge wingers spot and the center was a bit part player they could lose and not hurt the team.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
What top 7 pick are you talking about? And Chicago wanted those two players in the trade. If they were 1 way contract dumps then Tampa would've sent other contracts.

In regardless, I'm literally saying the hagel trade set a bar to compare any debrincat trade to, aka any debrincat trade will cost much more than hagel in the mind of the hawks. Are you actually arguing with me for the same point? That debrincat will cost more than hagel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad