Friedman: Hawks turned down trade offer on Debrincat (High 1st + Additional 1st as part of package)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Why in the world would they do that? The only reason to even consider trading him is for a haul.

I thought they wanted to move him because they wanted to tank next season (finish bottom 3 anyway), and it's felt that will be difficult with him in the lineup. Plus, he'll cost $9m to resign and they didn't want two +$9m players on team as they rebuild. Kane & Toews contracts end next season.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
It sounds like based on Friedman reporting Philly wouldn't include the 5th overall pick... unless it's a top 5 pick in any Trade negotiations chicago isn't selling ...

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Now is not the time for victim shaming.
8ea37e549d9d5ffb09ac744e9bb24a36.gif

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Starting to think all that talk about Davidson turning down all those supposed picks was nothing but a plant, and a bad one at that.

I also think DeBrincat signs a one year deal next year then gets outta Chicago as fast as possible.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I thought they wanted to move him because they wanted to tank next season (finish bottom 3 anyway), and it's felt that will be difficult with him in the lineup. Plus, he'll cost $9m to resign and they didn't want two +$9m players on team as they rebuild. Kane & Toews contracts end next season.
They’ll either trade him or sign him long term. He’s a repeat 40-goal scorer and future captain. And they can tank with him next year — the team is terrible.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
So that was a lie...

Not necessarily. "High" has a loose definition. In listening to the radio spots and podcasts the insiders do, "high pick" is used to describe a 1st or 2nd round selection. A "high 1st" could have been a pick in the teens.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Not necessarily. "High" has a loose definition. In listening to the radio spots and podcasts the insiders do, "high pick" is used to describe a 1st or 2nd round selection. A "high 1st" could have been a pick in the teens.
Now explain the additional 1st they didn’t get

Reactions: CupInSIX

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Now explain the additional 1st they didn’t get
7th + 2nd for say could be more than 15th plus next year's 1st on a team you think will be good. So he turned down 1 for another but it also could be a made up trade bit.

It's not a lie for sure.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad